Date: 29-03-24  Time: 15:25 pm

Author Topic: Recent clutch problem  (Read 613 times)

fireblake

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Recent clutch problem
« on: 11 June 2018, 08:34:11 pm »
A few weeks back whilst out riding with mates I missed a gear and hit the limiter on a false neutral. All seemed ok and a mile or so later stopped for a brew. Once I started up the bike again It did a massive clunk into 1st and then started to creep forward. Adjusting the cable either had the clutch slipping badly or creeping forward, nowhere in between. Anyways, today i took the clutch cover off and the plates out and found the shaft plug had fallen out. After reading about this on the American FZ01A site where other guys had the same feeling and experience as me and a few other guys had the same problem after false neutrals I thought I would share with you guys too.
Funnily enough I'm sure I have read about this problem on here or on the Fazer 1000 owners club many moons ago. 
Pictures to follow

Mickey
Sent from my villa in the South of France.

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
Re: Recent clutch problem
« Reply #1 on: 11 June 2018, 10:36:26 pm »
Yeah, more common on the R1, but d a few have been reported on the Fazer1000. same base engine. Luckily the cap falls into the basket and can be retrieved. Tap it back in (smooth side first) about 3mm and it will be fine  :thumbup Have seen fellows tearing their hair out trying to resolve the issue :eek I remember putting a post on here about it a good while ago.