Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > Diesels and Lawnmowers (Bike racing n things)

TT 2018

(1/4) > >>

Hugh Mungus:
The Isle of Man TT has been and gone. Only another year to wait...

Excellent racing all week, lap records broken in virtually all races, new faces on the top step and pretty good coverage from ITV4.

A few of the telly presenters were changed and the new ones didn't really work and they also changed the music from "King of the Mountain" to some namby pamby tune. As I record the programs I can just pass by all the yap and get straight into the racing which saves 15 minutes repetition from the previous days coverage and any inane chit chat from the monotone presenters.

Maybe one day I will actually go to watch the racing but unless I come into a lot of money I can't see it happening so I will stick to watching it on the telly.

agricola:
Great racing, but theyre now so fast it begins to look odd from the bike cams. Shame to see Hutchinson struggle, one of the best.

Hugh Mungus:
Hutchy struggled because he's only just got his leg mended (again) and in all reality it was too soon. He still did well though.

Dave48:

--- Quote from: Hugh Mungus on 10 June 2018, 08:03:19 am ---The Isle of Man TT has been and gone. Only another year to wait...

Excellent racing all week, lap records broken in virtually all races, new faces on the top step and pretty good coverage from ITV4.

A few of the telly presenters were changed and the new ones didn't really work and they also changed the music from "King of the Mountain" to some namby pamby tune. As I record the programs I can just pass by all the yap and get straight into the racing which saves 15 minutes repetition from the previous days coverage and any inane chit chat from the monotone presenters.

Agree absolutely.
i cant afford/dont want the crowds of TT fortnight so I record the ITV4 progs. In fact I do this with most progs these days so I dont have to put up with the ads every 10-15mins. Some of these ad breaks last 4-5 mins! :eek . At the same time I tune in to the Manx Radio station on the ipad to listen to live race commentary. The senior race had me on the edge of the seat and both Dean Harrison and Peter Hillier were capable & worthy of 1st place-just 2 seconds separating them after 6 laps. I am too old to get my head around these 134-135mph laps-absolutely no margin for error.
I do however go to the Manx GP in August with a friend-we put a couple of Honda cubs in the back of the van for having some fun on.

Maybe one day I will actually go to watch the racing but unless I come into a lot of money I can't see it happening so I will stick to watching it on the telly.

--- End quote ---

Dave48:
Apologies-should have said Peter Hickman!! (Going senile!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version