Date: 28-03-24  Time: 14:32 pm

Author Topic: another puncture  (Read 1957 times)

daviee

another puncture
« on: 02 June 2018, 07:56:54 pm »
thats the third one ive had on my fazer with pr2 2cts all on the rear the first two were non
 repairable dont know yet about this one if its fooked  then i think i will have to try something else

« Last Edit: 04 June 2018, 06:17:28 pm by daviee »

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Re: another puncture
« Reply #1 on: 02 June 2018, 11:28:47 pm »
Are you filtering a lot and riding on the dirty part of the road?

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 June 2018, 02:28:19 am »
It happens....mostly bad luck.
Can't do any precautions, other than avoid dirty parts of the road.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

daviee

« Reply #3 on: 03 June 2018, 08:14:48 am »
weekend bike so just motorways and b roads i think its they tyres they pick up everything time for a change if it cant be repaired

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 June 2018, 09:40:14 am »
I’m convinced that the lightweight kevlar construction of the Michelins isn’t as resistant to punctures as ones like Bridgestone that use steel.

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300, X10, GSF1000GT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 June 2018, 09:41:35 am »
Three's nothing wrong with 2CTs, is there a lot of building going on around you or along the routes you ride?

Builders vans/trucks are well known for dropping screws/nails wire etc which gets distributed to the centre of the lane or in the centre of the road by lorries/vans/buses/cars, as you ride or overtake you pick them up.  They was a site near where I used to work that was so bad the council made them sweep the road every few hours as so many vehicles were getting punctures.  Once the building stopped so did the punctures.     
Later

daviee

« Reply #6 on: 03 June 2018, 10:30:36 am »
no same roads nothing untoward   i  dont ride on the dirty areas of the roads they just seem to pic up very easily if this one can be repaired then a change will be happening any recomendations as there are the only tyres ive had on it since i got it  had this problem years ago with Michelins changed to battle axe and never had another problem 

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03 June 2018, 11:01:47 am »
The T30 i used to have on the rear was nearly punctured after one day, but luckily the screw went into the fleshy part at an angle didn't penetrate.
There's a balance between good grip and having warm tyres that'll pick any old shit up from the road easier than normal.
Just one of those things.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03 June 2018, 01:12:23 pm »
Touch wood I dont think I have ever had a puncture in the front but have had 2 in the back, wonder why its always the back after all travels mostly the same line as the front just did although it is slightly wider, more weight on back ? - the front flicks up object ready to puncture the back ?
After getting a 4 inch nail in a rear some time ago I am now very careful where I filter.

I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

daviee

« Reply #9 on: 03 June 2018, 05:40:48 pm »
so what are people running

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03 June 2018, 08:39:09 pm »
Bridgestones BT 023s, front and rear

daviee

« Reply #11 on: 05 June 2018, 05:55:42 pm »
ordered new tyres for the bike went   with bt023s hopefully get a bit of life out them got to the stage i have lost all confidence in Michelin tyres love the grip and feel but way to prone to punctures i have had more with them than all the other bikes i have had in 35 years of riding 

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06 June 2018, 12:37:02 am »
I've done 70k miles on PR2s PR3s and PR4s. Not a single puncture in all that time.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06 June 2018, 06:38:23 am »
If your bike is anywhere near any building work, or a skip, you have to be extra observant about what's around your bike on the floor.
These were the reasons for my last two punctures, one at work and one at home.
My neighbour's were having work done and the amount of screws and nails dropped and not cleared up properly was a joke.
And at work they plonked a skip near to where i park my bike every day, but not once did they clean up around it at any time, but i'm a lot wiser now to both scenarios.

daviee

« Reply #14 on: 06 June 2018, 12:40:24 pm »
My bike is garaged so dont live in the street i have talked to some others and they have had similar problems as with everything some will say they have never had any problems with them but in 35 years of riding I have never had as many punctures so time to change

daviee

« Reply #15 on: 07 June 2018, 07:11:40 pm »
new tyres arrived fitted the rear one notice their is a big  difference on the structure of the tyres the pr2s have a very soft carcass were as the bt023 are very stiff hard to bend but with the   pr2s you can bent them no problem possibly why they are more pron to puctures we will see will fit the front on saturday as  i have the dentist tomorrow to get some roots out not looking forward to that  :eek