Date: 28-03-24  Time: 08:03 am

Author Topic: rubber hoses perished  (Read 834 times)

Chillitt

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
rubber hoses perished
« on: 20 May 2018, 03:26:42 pm »
I have this old Fazer I'm trying to resurrect, it really doesn't want to play though. I'm nearly there but now its started splitting hoses. yesterday the pump to carb pipe split today the coolant hose under carbs split. They are all a bit elderly and perished. To save whats left of my sanity anyone know of a set or cutting list for pipes so I can replace the lot in one go? IT's that or kick it over and set fire to it.. ;) 

redmandan

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: rubber hoses perished
« Reply #1 on: 20 May 2018, 05:04:10 pm »
There was a group purchase thread going recently. The supplier needed 20 names or something like that to make a worthwhile production run.

Chillitt

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 May 2018, 06:48:00 pm »
There was a group purchase thread going recently. The supplier needed 20 names or something like that to make a worthwhile production run.
Yeah the threads I saw look like they are just the big stuff. I need the small pipes on the carb heaters and such. 3mm and 4mm stubs, and fuel line but thats easy enough. Of course the way this bikes playing up, soon as I fix the small pipes the bigger stuff will start letting go... :rolleyes

Jules-C

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 May 2018, 07:30:21 pm »
You can get silicone vacuum hose in the small sizes cheaply to replace the carb heater and expansion pipe hoses.