Date: 24-04-24  Time: 04:32 am

Author Topic: Easyist way to get carbs off???  (Read 2116 times)

psyfi_1

• Weekend Warrior
  • bikes bikes bikes
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - main
    • View Profile
Easyist way to get carbs off???
« on: 04 May 2018, 03:37:09 pm »
any suggestions would be helpfull every connector and hose is off so how do you rpy em off the easyist way?

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300, X10, GSF1000GT
    • View Profile
Re: Easyist way to get carbs off???
« Reply #1 on: 04 May 2018, 04:06:58 pm »
Release the circlips on the front and rear rubbers, on the rears enough so they can just go over the lip but not enough that the screw come out.

Gently work the rear rubbers lose, you may have to use something thin but blunt, squirt in some WD, now start to pull the carbs backwards while moving them up and down, DON'T go mad.  Just enough to get the fronts lose, once lose little WD in the fronts, repeat pull/up/down and they should come off, it's tight but they will move far enough backwards to allow the front to be clear of the intake rubbers. 

Job done
Later

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 May 2018, 04:14:26 pm »
I assume that you've removed the tank, the battery, choke cable, the airbox covers and infill panels? Have you drained the coolant or at least clamped off the two small coolant pipes? There are two bolts holding the airbox in place, remove them and you can slide the airbox back about a 20-30mm to give you more room.  Pull the carbs backwards free from the engine then outwards to exit from the right hand side (brake side). You'll get about half way out, then it's time to remove the throttle cables. Piece of piss, but I might have forgot something that's when you reach for the Haynes manual.  :D  Unfortunately it's not so easy to put it all back together.
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

psyfi_1

• Weekend Warrior
  • bikes bikes bikes
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - main
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 May 2018, 05:25:13 pm »
thanks for your advice it came off pretty easy actually cheers

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 May 2018, 08:58:20 am »
When refitting carbs to inlet hoses I used a thin piece of wood to fit between back of carbs and airbox. You can then apply uniform pressure to all 4 carbs while tightening hose clamps. A little red rubber grease on the inside of the rubber hoses may help.

adasilva

• DAS Born Again
  • LIBERTAS QUÆ SERA TAMEN
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Fazer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 May 2018, 05:39:39 pm »
Hey check this out. This is for Fz1 but it applies to FZS600 and on 600 is much easier than FZ1
have a go but make sure that you have all your hose connections labeled so to put them in place as you found.
Another thing, if you are taking carbs for cleaning, make sure you count the turns of the mixture screw otherwise you will have a problems when you put it back on bike.
Also bench sync your carbs to make it easier to balance them later on.

Good luck

http://www.cartestsoftware.com/fz1/carbremoval.html

sgpwwg

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 May 2018, 02:52:56 pm »
When refitting I have always found it easier to fit the carbs to the airbox side rubbers first as the rubbers tend to fold into the bell-mouth of the carbs. I have found this the easiest way to guarantee no air leaks as the rubbers have to fit over the carbs that side and are a simple push-in on the engine-side.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #7 on: 11 May 2018, 03:14:37 pm »
:agree

Getting the airbox rubbers on last is a royal pain in the ar$e. Put them on first then lever the airbox forwards to help get the inlet side done.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again