Date: 29-03-24  Time: 07:59 am

Author Topic: Crash Detectives  (Read 1279 times)

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Crash Detectives
« on: 24 April 2018, 02:21:59 pm »

These guys are amazing in what they do, such a sad tragic tale this.
Well worth the read.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-43716912
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
Re: Crash Detectives
« Reply #1 on: 24 April 2018, 03:05:01 pm »
Read this on my break this morning, we all moan about motorways being shut off for accidents and the presence of cctv cameras everywhere but if it wasn't for them and the tenacious copper the car driver would have never been found and jailed. Pity the sentence was not for a lot longer.

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 April 2018, 03:11:24 pm »

Couldn't agree more celticdog just goes to prove that despite how some people try to slag police officers off  they like most of us are dedicated to doing their job to the best of their ability. The judge did not hold back during summing up and before sentencing wasn't surprise he had a list of previous convictions.
 Ride safe watch your backs there's a whole lot more as bad as that toe rag out there   

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #3 on: 24 April 2018, 10:18:44 pm »
just goes to prove that despite how some people try to slag police officers off  they like most of us are dedicated to doing their job to the best of their ability.

Yes, and that's great. But there's a few bad apples that give the rest of you a bad name and that's not helped by Government cuts that mean that those who are trying to do a good job, but simply don't have the time or the money to do so :(

Still, kudos to this guy for sticking to his guns and seeing this through, rather than many who would have gone "nope, done what I can, case unsolved".

Bretty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 April 2018, 10:50:53 pm »
I don't understand, it says the driver had impaired vision, yet it also states he sped up to match the bikes speed, so must have seen him? All very sad anyway.

-suck-squeeze-bang-blow-

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 April 2018, 12:32:26 am »
I don't understand, it says the driver had impaired vision, yet it also states he sped up to match the bikes speed, so must have seen him? All very sad anyway.

Sweeting did see him the story does make that quite clear, it was road rage, Sweeting did not like being over taken and it seems he tried to teach the biker a lesson and it ended up in the biker losing his life.
If he had not see him why did he gas it from 52mph to 86mph after the bike went by him?
The cnut should have got 20 years, and if he did have poor peripheral vision he should be banned for life when he gets out.

« Last Edit: 25 April 2018, 12:33:23 am by tommyardin »