Date: 28-03-24  Time: 12:42 pm

Author Topic: Audi style Flowing Indicators  (Read 5521 times)

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Audi style Flowing Indicators
« on: 21 April 2018, 08:41:25 am »
From China, Fitted yesterday, seem pretty good

This is a GIF showing the anim.

gif
Intentionally left blank

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Audi style Flowing Indicators
« Reply #1 on: 21 April 2018, 09:20:55 am »
Sweet! The flowing ones are definitely less harsh on the eyes, I wouldn't be surprised if more big manufacturers follow Audi's lead with this.
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 April 2018, 09:29:14 am »
Audi might make flash indicators just a shame they can't invent anything to make Audi drivers better. There's  no choice between Audi and BMW drivers as to who's the biggest d*ck heads when driving extreme caution is required around both sets of drivers.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 April 2018, 09:46:06 am »
They're pointless. Audi and BMW drivers never use indicators  :rolleyes

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 April 2018, 10:15:34 am »
I think they are a childish sutpid gimmic and maybe that is why they are on Audis -- to try and get the drivers to use them.

(Think they look ok on a bike though so long as they are nice and bright)
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 April 2018, 10:20:14 am »
They look good I think although currently they are fitted on the std rubbers which means they are too wide really.  I will make some proper mounts in due course.  They are certainly more visible than stock ones due to the movement.

Tenner for all 4 plus a flasher relay for three pounds. Cheap as chips.
« Last Edit: 21 April 2018, 10:21:12 am by NorthWestern »
Intentionally left blank

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 April 2018, 10:41:31 am »
They look good I think although currently they are fitted on the std rubbers which means they are too wide really.  I will make some proper mounts in due course.  They are certainly more visible than stock ones due to the movement.

Tenner for all 4 plus a flasher relay for three pounds. Cheap as chips.

Link?
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Intentionally left blank

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 April 2018, 03:40:27 pm »

Audi might make flash indicators just a shame they can't invent anything to make Audi drivers better. There's  no choice between Audi and BMW drivers as to who's the biggest d*ck heads when driving extreme caution is required around both sets of drivers.
It seems to me that as soon as the weather turns warmer there are more stand out wankers on two wheels doing their best to kill themselves than in any make of car out to get them.

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 April 2018, 04:10:40 pm »

It seems to me that as soon as the weather turns warmer there are more stand out wankers on two wheels doing their best to kill themselves than in any make of car out to get them.

That is so true, I was driving through Pudsey this morning and saw 3 bikes in front of me, as they approached a left hand bend with a T junction directly opposite on the right hand side at the bottom of the hill all three then overtook a car who was indicating to turn right. Best of all the last bike had  'L'  plates on,  that rider is learning all the wrong things from the two bigger bikes he was following. Hope they all carry donor cards so that some good may come from their stupidity in the future. 

chris.biker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Hornet 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21 April 2018, 06:00:50 pm »
Are the lamps just connected to the 12v supply?

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21 April 2018, 11:07:32 pm »
Same connection as standard but need a different flasher relay as they are led, they are a plug and play replacement and cost three pounds
Intentionally left blank

HarryHornby

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22 April 2018, 07:33:16 am »
Just out of interest, where do you connect the relay to?  I'm assuming there is only the one relay, you don't need one per indicator?
Money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys beer, and that helps!

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22 April 2018, 07:45:45 am »
Just out of interest, where do you connect the relay to?  I'm assuming there is only the one relay, you don't need one per indicator?

If they're anything like the L.E.D ones I used then you need 1 relay per side (one for both left indicators and 1 for both right) and they are just small 2 inch long blocks with wires either end. 1 end plugs into the original bike connection and the other into the new indicator.
I ok both mine on the back ones as it was easier to hide them in the 'boot' than behind the headlight

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 22 April 2018, 09:45:07 am »

Can't help but imagine that the current pothole situation is gonna catch a few of these said people out.
My eyes are peeled to the road ahead of me these days, wondering where the next random pothole is going to appear from, even more so when the roads are wet after a downpour.

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 22 April 2018, 03:24:15 pm »
Just one relay is required, it's a like for like replacement so just unplug the standard one and plug in the new.
Intentionally left blank

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 22 April 2018, 07:05:05 pm »
Just one relay is required, it's a like for like replacement so just unplug the standard one and plug in the new.

Ah I was mistaking relay with resistor

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #18 on: 23 April 2018, 08:07:04 am »

I have just had a recall notice for my Audi. Apparently, its because someone made the mistake of fitting the stalk so they have to remove the stalk now.

I did wonder why my Audi seemed to be one of the few with working indicators.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

focced_off

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 23 April 2018, 01:48:23 pm »
I think they are a childish sutpid gimmic and maybe that is why they are on Audis -- to try and get the drivers to use them.

I actually think DLRs (Daylight Running Lights) are also a gimmick - the chavvy twinkly lights - yet the government have introduced a law in this country, all new vehicles will have them!
If you drive a motor vehicle and cant see a 2 tonne mass of metal coming towards you (WITHOUT DRLs - of "AUDI size"), you shouldn't be behind the wheel in the first place!  :eek

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 24 April 2018, 10:59:22 am »

I actually think DLRs (Daylight Running Lights) are also a gimmick - the chavvy twinkly lights - yet the government have introduced a law in this country, all new vehicles will have them!
If you drive a motor vehicle and cant see a 2 tonne mass of metal coming towards you (WITHOUT DRLs - of "AUDI size"), you shouldn't be behind the wheel in the first place!  :eek
It was the EU
1 issue I have with DRL is that most of the time in this country they are too bright as they are set to be seen on a sunny continent and not a dull grey one. Proof being that some cars dip or turn off that side DRL when indicating, in auldi case resulting in an - off drl on  slidy indicate then off that then on drl - its like a disco and more distracting   
« Last Edit: 24 April 2018, 11:04:32 am by fazersharp »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 06 May 2018, 09:52:10 pm »
Today I have seen a VW and a toyota with the same indicators they all just copy each other - so boring

Hugh Mungus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07 May 2018, 07:47:23 am »
Thanks for the link.
My son was following me on Saturday and said my indicators were really difficult to see during daylight so I'll try these.
I've also got one of those 'number plate strip lights' which have stop/tail/indicator on one strip but I haven't fitted them yet.

focced_off

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 09 May 2018, 10:39:06 am »
It was the EU
1 issue I have with DRL is that most of the time in this country they are too bright as they are set to be seen on a sunny continent and not a dull grey one. Proof being that some cars dip or turn off that side DRL when indicating, in auldi case resulting in an - off drl on  slidy indicate then off that then on drl - its like a disco and more distracting

But that's the aim - to get your attention (whether that's a good thing or not).
Plus that suits AUDI drivers, to be noticed, it gives them identity, some kind of self worth, a STATUS in society.

However you look more closely at the silhouette of most VW and AUDI cars, they are infact VERY simple and actually lack much flair.
The basic silhouette of the VW Golf hasn't really changed in almost its 40yr production. Just more curvy now. But the masses still fall for it.  :z

If VW or AUDI perfected a polished turd and stuck their (VW/AUDI) badge on it, the sheep would still happily snap it up, parting with thousands of £££££.  :lol

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 09 May 2018, 08:24:30 pm »
Today I have seen a VW and a toyota with the same indicators they all just copy each other - so boring

VW own Audi so not actually surprising that they use it.
I bet the first manufacturer to use flashing indicators got pissed when all the others copied them. :pokefun
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!