Date: 25-04-24  Time: 13:53 pm

Author Topic: Audi style Flowing Indicators  (Read 5609 times)

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Audi style Flowing Indicators
« Reply #25 on: 09 May 2018, 08:31:05 pm »
I even saw them on a small goods lorry today 🙄🙄

Hugh Mungus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 09 May 2018, 09:56:39 pm »
I bet the first manufacturer to use flashing indicators got pissed when all the others copied them. :pokefun

Years ago - and it is YEARS ago - when I was a kid... There was a chap up the road had an American car. The damn thing was massive. It had a line of indicators, 3 or 4 each side and they flowed just like these new LED ones. So as usual, it ain't a new idea it's an old one that's been modernised.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #27 on: 10 May 2018, 12:53:32 am »
Years ago - and it is YEARS ago - when I was a kid... There was a chap up the road had an American car. The damn thing was massive. It had a line of indicators, 3 or 4 each side and they flowed just like these new LED ones. So as usual, it ain't a new idea it's an old one that's been modernised.

Yep, the Yanks had these on cars back in the 1960s IIRC.

focced_off

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 10 May 2018, 11:11:48 am »

There was LEXUS who "introduced" the clear / "crystal" lense design on their rear light clusters. Alot copied that idea too - so many aftermarket copies spilled onto the market (for all makes).

Now we have LED's taking over incandescent bulbs (as featured in these AUDI flowing indicators), also there's LED headlights. Everything will go LED, more cost effective to produce, small power draw plus footprint, also brighter.