Date: 16-04-24  Time: 16:05 pm

Author Topic: Standard Mods?  (Read 7375 times)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Standard Mods?
« Reply #25 on: 24 April 2018, 06:53:55 pm »
Hi fazersharp they can be a bit of a pain as you see the crap on them easier, going to buy some of that Vulcanet cleaner as it shifts crap really well. If they were not already done I would not have gone out of my way to do them to be honest. Look good though.
i will stick with my rim tape then
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

focced_off

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 26 April 2018, 12:58:15 pm »
i will stick with my rim tape then

Plus some brands of Rim tape are highly reflective at night too. So look great by day and might save your life by night! :eek   :)

reaper1064

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 29 April 2018, 02:26:24 pm »
Double bubble screen tinted, R1 or R6 pattern mirrors, renthal bars, Chinese anodised CNC brake/clutch levers, short stem smoked lens indicators. None of these will make your bike faster but will bring your bike into the 21st century in terms of looks.
[/quote

R1 mirrors are they a stock fit and i take it you get a better view ?

Hi it's the ones up to 2008, I think the most recent ones have the electronics to tilt the mirror.
They're a bit longer and sleeker looking than fazer originals.

cheers mate

Here's a link-
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Replacement-Mirrors-Left-Right-Pair-for-Yamaha-YZF-R1-00-01/302589813167?hash=item4673c221af:g:FGAAAOSwz-1aTh4R

Edit- here's an even cheaper link-
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-BLACK-MOTORCYCLE-REAR-VIEW-MIRRORS-BIKE-MOTORBIKE-FOR-07-08-Yamaha-YZF-R1/322879772780?hash=item4b2d22586c:g:7Q8AAOSwk~ZaCWEO
Hi mate take it the fitment holes line up without buggering about.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 29 April 2018, 11:50:52 pm »
I bought a set of cheap mirrors for my FZS 600 2003 from eGay, I paid about 24 quid for them, I certainly got what I paid for, they buzzed with vibration at most speeds and above 80 the right hand side mirror used to fold back in so I could see my own chest and right arm, very useful. I sent them back and got a refund.
Bought a pair of second hand genuine ones from a seller on eGay £30, worth every penny, they were practically unmarked, polished the plastics backs up with solvo and they came up like new.

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 30 April 2018, 07:46:08 am »

The pitch between the holes is a standard 30mm, if in doubt you can send them a message on fleabay.

I bought a set of cheap mirrors for my FZS 600 2003 from eGay, I paid about 24 quid for them, I certainly got what I paid for, they buzzed with vibration at most speeds and above 80 the right hand side mirror used to fold back in so I could see my own chest and right arm, very useful. I sent them back and got a refund.
Bought a pair of second hand genuine ones from a seller on eGay £30, worth every penny, they were practically unmarked, polished the plastics backs up with solvo and they came up like new.

Tommy's right, the quality isn't going to be as good as the genuine article. However, I've had no problems with mine. You can adjust their tension it's a simple spring and bolt arrangement.
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

reaper1064

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 30 April 2018, 08:13:23 am »
thanks for that lads.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 06 May 2018, 09:42:29 pm »

The pitch between the holes is a standard 30mm, if in doubt you can send them a message on fleabay.

Tommy's right, the quality isn't going to be as good as the genuine article. However, I've had no problems with mine. You can adjust their tension it's a simple spring and bolt arrangement.

Right after 17 years of looking at my elbows I have had enough. So how much longer and better view are these ones mentioned on ebay 

Here's a link-
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Replacement-Mirrors-Left-Right-Pair-for-Yamaha-YZF-R1-00-01/302589813167?hash=item4673c221af:g:FGAAAOSwz-1aTh4R

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-BLACK-MOTORCYCLE-REAR-VIEW-MIRRORS-BIKE-MOTORBIKE-FOR-07-08-Yamaha-YZF-R1/322879772780?hash=item4b2d22586c:g:7Q8AAOSwk~ZaCWEO  « Last Edit: 24 April 2018, 08:31:31 AM » 
« Last Edit: 06 May 2018, 09:45:25 pm by fazersharp »

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 09 May 2018, 08:38:35 pm »

Right after 17 years of looking at my elbows I have had enough. So how much longer and better view are these ones mentioned on ebay 

Here's a link-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-BLACK-MOTORCYCLE-REAR-VIEW-MIRRORS-BIKE-MOTORBIKE-FOR-07-08-Yamaha-YZF-R1/322879772780?hash=item4b2d22586c:g:7Q8AAOSwk~ZaCWEO  « Last Edit: 24 April 2018, 08:31:31 AM » 

Have a look here fella, I think I replaced mine jut because I got fed up looking at them scratches.  :o
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 09 May 2018, 09:29:33 pm »
thanks for the picture I think I am going to go with the£18 ones in your first link as the other £8 ones are from China and the have got 38 negative reviews in 1 month I have a boxeye and the centres are 30mm
« Last Edit: 09 May 2018, 09:30:16 pm by fazersharp »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 11 May 2018, 08:51:34 pm »
Update - I have brought some and await delivery and will add some pictures and before and after measurements.   

Hugh Mungus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 12 May 2018, 06:37:57 am »
Strangely enough... When I had my FJR1300 I replaced the mirrors with FZS1000 mirrors for a much better view. If the R1 mirrors are anything like the difference I had with my FJR you will be amazed at what you can see behind you. Just be careful of filtering etc until you get used to them.
I have bar end mirrors on my FZS1000 and they are great but a tad small.

Filled the original mirror mount holes with LEDs connected to the indicators, I don't think they make much difference but they fill the holes.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 12 May 2018, 12:21:15 pm »
Just be careful of filtering etc until you get used to them.
:thumbup
When are you going to tidy up your garage  :pokefun

Hugh Mungus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 12 May 2018, 03:17:25 pm »
When are you going to tidy up your garage  :pokefun

Every time I tidy it up our son does 'some work' in there and it's a mess again because he doesn't put anything away. I've recently been having a right go at him about it and it is slowly paying off... and I do mean slowly! Basically I keep my stuff tidy and if his stuff is in my way I kick it out of the way.

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300, X10, GSF1000GT
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 12 May 2018, 06:48:52 pm »
Replace the rear shock, the OE were crap when new many didn't last more than 8k, there's load to choose from to match your budget all will be better than OE.  The front is also a little soft set of up rated springs, if the budget allows get the dampener/shim stack sorted, fit a Quill Evo and a K&N couple hp more top end but it really cleans up the low to mid range. 

If your's is a box eye fit HID's, don't bother with the headlight mod it's a waste of time compered to the HID conversion.  Just remember you've got to convert back to standard at MOT time, some will let the HID go others wont, it's easy to convert back and forth.  Or fit the later twin H4 firing, you need the bracket as well and you'll have to do a bit of modding but it's worth it, go HID with that and it's better than your car!!!

That's about it, the Fazer is one of those rare bikes where they're pretty much right out of the show room, in my opinion it's the best bike Yam have ever made and probably the best all round bike ever made. :D

Later

Just a Faze im in

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 15 May 2018, 06:25:47 pm »
Change the spark plugs for some iridium ones.  I did recently and the difference was very noticeable.

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300, X10, GSF1000GT
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 15 May 2018, 09:54:37 pm »
Change the spark plugs for some iridium ones.  I did recently and the difference was very noticeable.

There's no performance improvement over serviceable standard copper core plugs.  This has been gone over and over, iridium plugs just last longer, you will feel an improvement if the plugs they replaced were at the end of their service life but no more than if you fit new copper core.  Of course it's personnel choice and it's your money to throw away they cost approximately twice as much as chopper.
Later