Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > FZS600 Fazer

% Brighter Bulbs

(1/4) > >>

Skippernick:
Off to a wedding in Ireland in June, and may have a couple of hours of motorway miles coming back in the dark.
Im not too bothered by my lights at night but then again I barely ride at night, not for a couple of hours any way.
So was wondering about 50,60 100% brighter bulbs.
Do they make a difference?
Are they just a straight swap or is there some fettling required due to motorbike wiring, I know its a straight swap on a car.

Cheers
Nick

celticdog:

--- Quote from: Skippernick on 18 April 2018, 08:43:46 pm ---Off to a wedding in Ireland in June, and may have a couple of hours of motorway miles coming back in the dark.
Im not too bothered by my lights at night but then again I barely ride at night, not for a couple of hours any way.
Are they just a straight swap or is there some fettling required due to motorbike wiring, I know its a straight swap on a car.

Cheers
Nick

--- End quote ---

Hi Nick, yes it's a straight swap on the fzs 600. Osram nightbreakers or the Philips Xtreme are good choices. You'll need a H1 and a H4 bulb for the headlights.

unfazed:

--- Quote from: celticdog on 18 April 2018, 08:48:58 pm ---
--- Quote from: Skippernick on 18 April 2018, 08:43:46 pm ---Off to a wedding in Ireland in June, and may have a couple of hours of motorway miles coming back in the dark.

Cheers
Nick

--- End quote ---

Hi Nick, yes it's a straight swap on the fzs 600. Osram nightbreakers or the Philips Xtreme are good choices. You'll need a H1 and a H4 bulb for the headlights.

--- End quote ---

As above, but for the Foxeye it is 2 X  H4. I use the Osram Nightbreakers on the bikes and the Philips Extremes in the car, both make a big difference

Disorderlypunk:
im a big fan of the osrams i throw them in everything
dont be fooled by the cheap chinese bulbs with higher wattage they are just useless and can burn out wiring

celticdog:

As above, but for the Foxeye it is 2 X  H4. I use the Osram Nightbreakers on the bikes and the Philips Extremes in the car, both make a big difference

Well spotted Unfazed! I forgot it's 2 x H4's on the foxeye model.  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version