Date: 28-03-24  Time: 15:33 pm

Author Topic: fazer under attack !!!!!!!  (Read 8426 times)

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
Re: fazer under attack !!!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: 15 April 2018, 11:57:26 am »
mice urinate constantly when moving around place your traps there
[/size]Careful you don't inadvertently catch some of the older members of the foc-u forum  :rolleyes

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 15 April 2018, 01:12:05 pm »
Just got back from a 2hr blast on the FAZER....as good as ever and great to get out at last  :thumbup

checked the traps and i have another 2 , but theres a twist , i was expecting young'uns as the picture of the first one i caught , the 2 caught with the traps i think were mum and dad but these are teenages , somewhere in the middle...makes me think this is just the tip of the iceberg  :eek

5 caught up to now , my guess is it will be well into double figures.......

cheers for all replies....is there anything a bunch of foccers cant do ?
« Last Edit: 15 April 2018, 01:14:35 pm by red98 »
One, is never going to be enough.....

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 15 April 2018, 01:31:44 pm »
They tend to stick to running next to walls so the traps are better suited placed against the edge of them, plus you have less chance of treading on them yourself.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 15 April 2018, 01:38:42 pm »
Hi darrsi...not seen any mice in the garage it would seam they are all in the car , ive been putting the traps in the footwell on the passenger side which is where I caught the first one , not sure if the nest is under the dash or the seat , horse hair in the seat so that was prime site for a nest but have given it a good thumping and nothing dropping out...I'll give it untill 2pm and check the traps again...

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 15 April 2018, 04:35:03 pm »
mice urinate constantly when moving around place your traps there
Careful you don't inadvertently catch some of the older members of the foc-u forum  :rolleyes

Was going to say sounds a bit like me

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 15 April 2018, 04:39:49 pm »
You could use a 'humane' trap.

https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p60863?r=googleshopping&rr=marin&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=googleshoppingfeed&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzvLRy_272gIVzbHtCh3_0AFGEAQYAiABEgIqN_D_BwE

Having said that I caught mine during a cold snap.   They seemed a little slow in the morning, looked to be soaking in their own sweat and piss - must be distressing to be stuck in a trap for hours.  Then got dumped in a field in the middle of nowhere.  Lots of folks said, they’ll be fine, but I dunno.

Traditional trap is cheap, quick and effective.

For real sadists there are the various versions of the DIY water trap.  Though you can make a ‘humane’ version with just enough water to stop em jumping out of the bucket but not enough to drown em.

:finger

Or for the really caring types you can poison them so that their blood congeals and they die a painful death with the added possibility of perhaps poisoning someones cat to the bargain, or, alternatively you you can snap their back with a spring trap or maybe trap them by a front leg disjointing that leg slowly as the spring force bears tighter down on the limb as it eats into the flesh, not a lot of hope you a 3 legged mouse possibly with an infection in the stump as it decays. But Hey Ho! you don't want to drown them in a minute or so do you?   
« Last Edit: 15 April 2018, 04:56:17 pm by tommyardin »

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 15 April 2018, 05:06:36 pm »
Talking of bait.... :lol :lol :lol

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 15 April 2018, 05:16:02 pm »
 Simpler version of Tommy’s trap. 

! No longer available

A beer can would be ideal.  If you don’t want to drown em you still need a little water to reduce their ability to jump, they are really good jumpers when they need to be.
As for traditional mouse traps, these are good as the bait pot is recessed, https://www.toolstation.com/shop/Cleaning+%26+Pest+Control/d260/Pest+Control/sd3217/Sure-Set+Mouse+Trap/p26996 so they gotta stick their nose in, and the trap gets em on the heid or neck every time (so I’m told!).
Be careful with your traps, they break yer fingers. 

« Last Edit: 15 April 2018, 05:17:23 pm by VNA »

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 15 April 2018, 06:01:00 pm »
Another 2 mediums this afternoon , 7 in total , that mass murdering idea of tommys is  starting to look like a good idea....

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 15 April 2018, 07:09:47 pm »
Another 2 makes 9.........

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 15 April 2018, 10:25:31 pm »
so probably best to try and find the nest and save them and return to the east where they came from    ;)

Not too far east tho, we've got enough in east Anglia already!

HarryHornby

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 15 April 2018, 10:30:33 pm »
We used to have them in the loft of our old house.  I used to put 2 traps up there and would catch mice every day for quite a while.  One of the traps was above our bedroom, I remember one night heaving a snap and a couple of seconds of flapping about, another one bites the dust!
Money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys beer, and that helps!

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 16 April 2018, 06:34:01 am »
No murders over night , have refreshed the bait this morning , will check at the end of the day...

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 16 April 2018, 08:02:07 am »
No murders over night , have refreshed the bait this morning , will check at the end of the day...

9 good hunting.
Well you state
'One is never going to be enough'
« Last Edit: 16 April 2018, 08:03:36 am by tommyardin »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 16 April 2018, 10:51:40 am »
I killed one with a mallet once but then felt really guilty afterwards. I saw it run under a piece of board so crept up with a mallet flipped the board over and whack a mouse. The thing is I never thought had chance at all and there was no danger of actually hitting it.
I then brought those linked to in Toolstation and they do work very well but as has been said the mouse gets soaked in pis and sh1t and all of that then gets stuck in the mechanism which is then a disgusting mess to clean before you can re use it. 
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 16 April 2018, 12:01:21 pm »
I killed one with a mallet once but then felt really guilty afterwards. I saw it run under a piece of board so crept up with a mallet flipped the board over and whack a mouse. The thing is I never thought had chance at all and there was no danger of actually hitting it.
I then brought those linked to in Toolstation and they do work very well but as has been said the mouse gets soaked in pis and sh1t and all of that then gets stuck in the mechanism which is then a disgusting mess to clean before you can re use it. 

. . . . That reminds me of a Monty Python sketch I once saw.
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 16 April 2018, 12:07:11 pm »
Drown the little buggers  :eek

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 16 April 2018, 06:19:13 pm »
Just checked the traps....no bodys.....been a night and a day now without any killings , figures add up for an average size litter , just the one young un to upset the mix , will leave the traps in the car untill the weekend and then see if I can find the nest.....not really looking forward to that  :\
« Last Edit: 16 April 2018, 06:36:46 pm by red98 »

Trebus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 16 April 2018, 06:27:27 pm »
Check your air box, they love nesting in them!

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 16 April 2018, 06:39:29 pm »
Thats a good point , thanks....had a thought myself today , ive caught all 9 mice in the front passenger footwell , directly below the glove box  ........anyone want to open it for me  :eek

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 16 April 2018, 07:48:33 pm »
A few years ago, got fed up with (what I thought was) a couple of grey tree rats emptying the bird table on a daily basis. Tried scaring em off/traps etc, still kept coming back. So, i decided to buy an air rifle, .22. Over the next few months, I shot and killed over 60 of the bastards. Yes, 60. I reckon I must have reduced them to an almost unsustainable level, as only rarley now do we ever see one knocking around. If Id skinned em, Id have had enough for a couple of Davy Crockett suits and hats. On the plus side, the garden is now full daily with all sorts of birds that we've not seen around for donkeys years

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 16 April 2018, 08:21:42 pm »
I've been doing the same ( shooting the squirrels) only mine are a reddish colour not grey. Think it might be the red clay rubbing off on their fur when they're down their burrows.
Think they're all young un's too as they seem smaller than usual.

Anyway, so far I've bagged over a hundred and haven't seen any about for a good few months now.

« Last Edit: 16 April 2018, 08:56:26 pm by dazza »

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 16 April 2018, 08:31:22 pm »
I've been doing the same ( shooting the squirrels) only mine are a reddish colour not grey. Think it might be the red clay rubbing off on their fur when they're down their burrows.

Anyway, so far I've bagged over a hundred and haven't seen any about for a good few months now.

Seems like a good method of getting rid of vermin..... I might try the same thing outside my local dole office 🤔

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 16 April 2018, 08:37:33 pm »

I just used a bucket of warm soapy water and a toothbrush.  Pish and shit cleaned up nae bother, but the peanut butter took a bit of scrubbing.

Just make sure you clean your toothbrush thoroughly afterwards before brushing yer teeth.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 16 April 2018, 09:59:34 pm »

LMFAO! I love it. :rollin :rollin :rollin