Date: 28-03-24  Time: 20:06 pm

Author Topic: Baffled!  (Read 1027 times)

John_FJ

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FJ1200
    • View Profile
Baffled!
« on: 12 April 2018, 06:57:34 pm »
Hi guys, a while back I got myself a SP Engineering can n link pipe. I thought I would take out the baffle before fitting it and just replace for the mot next year. When removed its only about 2" long and just fits into the last bit it the pipe. Would this be right? the last time I removed the baffles they were about 6" long and went right into the can. Perhaps its been cut down to give the appearance of having a baffle fitted? Any Ideas?
Thanks John

"Scattered showers my arse"........ Noah

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
Re: Baffled!
« Reply #1 on: 12 April 2018, 07:30:26 pm »
I use SP Engineering decibel killers in both my bikes and as you say they're about 6" long. Held in place by a nut and hex bolt I'd guess M4 size. From the photo it doesn't look like one of theirs.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 April 2018, 06:11:41 pm »
My current one (pictured) is about 6 inches but my old exhaust (from a16) was only about 3 inches long. So I suppose different manufacturers use different baffles. As long as it has a smaller hole then it'll be quieter

John_FJ

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FJ1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 April 2018, 08:49:23 am »
I have now fitted the can to the bike, I have tried it with the baffle in and out but there appears to be no noticable difference at the moment. I think I will leave it in,
"Scattered showers my arse"........ Noah