Date: 28-03-24  Time: 15:06 pm

Author Topic: Transponder Immobiliser  (Read 3427 times)

GhostCat

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Transponder Immobiliser
« on: 12 April 2018, 01:53:48 pm »
Hi
does anyone have a transponder immobiliser ? What Im looking for is a small passive tag (similar to a smartcard) that could be in a glove, or a pocket, or in the helmet, that would activate the bike. If the tag was separated from the bike or not present, the bike wouldn't start, or would stall. Living in London the security issues are only getting worse ! I'm not sure how the antenna/transponder works, but the usual way is to have the antenna near the ignition, and the transponder on the keyring. I'm looking for a system where the transponder can be worn or be in a pocket somewhere, so that in the event of a bikejacking, the bike will stall.

Ghostcat

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
Re: Transponder Immobiliser
« Reply #1 on: 12 April 2018, 09:32:51 pm »
I'm looking for a system where the transponder can be worn or be in a pocket somewhere, so that in the event of a bikejacking, the bike will stall.

I thought they just pushed it along with a stolen scooter? :(

focced_off

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 April 2018, 01:45:02 pm »
I thought they just pushed it along with a stolen scooter? :(

That's it. The focus should be on physically making the bike as difficult as possible to take away.

Perhaps the OP is concerned about when ON the bike, and getting bikejacked?

GhostCat

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 April 2018, 11:23:38 pm »
Exactly. Its more about being forced to give up a running bike at knife/hammer point. And I'm pretty sure a scooter would struggle to push a 600 along ?

GC

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #4 on: 14 April 2018, 12:47:00 am »
Exactly. Its more about being forced to give up a running bike at knife/hammer point.

Ah, got you now.

And I'm pretty sure a scooter would struggle to push a 600 along ?

Unfortunately once you've overcome the momentum, Newton's Laws take over and it's not that hard :(

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 April 2018, 08:28:57 am »
Exactly. Its more about being forced to give up a running bike at knife/hammer point. And I'm pretty sure a scooter would struggle to push a 600 along ?

GC

Crikey, where have you worked recently??? ;)

Pack some explosives under your seat that can be detonated by a phone call. Not ideal bike wise, but, oh, the satisfaction of making that call.  :lol
Then just blame the Russians....who'll deny it anyway!  :D
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

mr self destruct

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Riding without a crash since 24-04-15
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 April 2018, 08:51:10 pm »
As far as I’m aware, a vehicle won’t cut it out at all if driven away from the transponder. It’s a safety thing. What you’re best doing is having a transponder separate to the ignition key, keeping it in your pocket, and hitting the kill switch at the first sign of trouble.
Broken, bruised, forgotten, sore,
too fucked up to care any more.

Bretty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 April 2018, 08:56:56 pm »
Kill switches, must be fairly standard. Like you have on a jetski. You have a cable around your wrist, when you fall off, it cuts out the engine. You could have something coming off you body to keep your hands free. Walk away from the bike and it will be immobilised, although as said, they'll just push it along with another bike.
« Last Edit: 15 April 2018, 08:57:32 pm by Bretty »
-suck-squeeze-bang-blow-

Bretty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
-suck-squeeze-bang-blow-

GhostCat

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15 April 2018, 10:41:43 pm »
I am liking the analog mechanical approach !

GC

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #10 on: 17 April 2018, 09:00:47 am »
If they want it, let them have it. Its only metal (however much you like it) and can be replaced. No point in putting yourself in harms way for a bike.

I do like the exploding seat idea above though. Something that can be operated from a distance once they think that they have got away with it.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17 April 2018, 09:03:45 am »
If they want it, let them have it. Its only metal (however much you like it) and can be replaced. No point in putting yourself in harms way for a bike.

I do like the exploding seat idea above though. Something that can be operated from a distance once they think that they have got away with it.

Not too big an explosion though, just enough to rip their balls off and totally shred their rectum.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #12 on: 17 April 2018, 11:10:56 am »
:rollin

GhostCat

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18 April 2018, 04:10:43 pm »
Air bag ? 😀

Wharfe

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 19 April 2018, 01:09:04 am »
Appealing though the underseat explosive option is, I'm with BBrown - let them have it, save yourself injury and aggro. Spend your money on a tracker (if you think the Met will support you by recovering your bike once it's located - debatable from what I hear).

Going a teeny bit off topic - up here in t'broad acres a farmer friend of mine agreed to have a police "sting" quadbike parked on his farm - it was duly pinched, in broad daylight, while he was in. Police informed, Quad tracked to Bradford (where else?) and it and six other stolen Quads recovered, two arrests. Satisfying.... Farmer Palmer's only regret was that he was warned off using his 12 bore if they came
(defeats the object of the sting apparently  :lol )

Also slightly off topic - maybe this should be in "what gets my goat" - a few years ago, I had a bike stolen from my house. I discovered the theft minutes after it had happened, so figured "dial 999". Response from the bloke at the other end? "fine sir, can i just take  few details before i put this out? Date of birth? And how would you describe your ethnicity sir?" Absolutely foccin' unreal! Guys raggin' my bike down the road, and I have to decide whether I'm white British or white other (or just red with rage?)
Needless to say the bike was not recovered until the scrotes got bored with it five months later and left it, trashed, behind a pub in Bradford (where else?)
« Last Edit: 19 April 2018, 01:16:04 am by Wharfe »

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 19 April 2018, 07:02:03 am »
Appealing though the underseat explosive option is, I'm with BBrown - let them have it, save yourself injury and aggro. Spend your money on a tracker (if you think the Met will support you by recovering your bike once it's located - debatable from what I hear).

Going a teeny bit off topic - up here in t'broad acres a farmer friend of mine agreed to have a police "sting" quadbike parked on his farm - it was duly pinched, in broad daylight, while he was in. Police informed, Quad tracked to Bradford (where else?) and it and six other stolen Quads recovered, two arrests. Satisfying.... Farmer Palmer's only regret was that he was warned off using his 12 bore if they came
(defeats the object of the sting apparently  :lol )

Also slightly off topic - maybe this should be in "what gets my goat" - a few years ago, I had a bike stolen from my house. I discovered the theft minutes after it had happened, so figured "dial 999". Response from the bloke at the other end? "fine sir, can i just take  few details before i put this out? Date of birth? And how would you describe your ethnicity sir?" Absolutely foccin' unreal! Guys raggin' my bike down the road, and I have to decide whether I'm white British or white other (or just red with rage?)
Needless to say the bike was not recovered until the scrotes got bored with it five months later and left it, trashed, behind a pub in Bradford (where else?)

"I'm sure he had a gun..." tends to give them a little jolt  :lol
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Wharfe

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 19 April 2018, 06:40:10 pm »
Back in the days when I had a firearms license, (a bit of rabitting, some clay shooting, and .303 Lee Enfield for the hell of it) I was told that if you needed the police out in a hurry it was always worth reminding them that you had guns on the premises. Did NO harm to the response time apparently.

focced_off

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23 April 2018, 03:53:36 pm »
Not too big an explosion though, just enough to rip their balls off and totally shred their rectum.

You appear to have thought about it in slightly more graphic detail than what was actually necessary.  :lol

I think an Ejector seat would work well too, ideally set off as they enter a bridge (loads of those around London) - plus no explosion, so you wont have to scrub off remnants of balls and rectum from your Head (motors head) !!

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #18 on: 23 April 2018, 04:06:55 pm »

You appear to have thought about it in slightly more graphic detail than what was actually necessary.  :lol

I think an Ejector seat would work well too, ideally set off as they enter a bridge (loads of those around London) - plus no explosion, so you wont have to scrub off remnants of balls and rectum from your Head (motors head) !!

I wouldn't want the bike back after its been stolen so no need to worry about scraping body parts off the remains of the bike. It might prevent the bike being nabbed in the first place though.

That said, how many times in the past, when airbags were a new idea, did we hear about airbags going off accidentally. I am not sure I would want to ride a bike with the "explosive seat" but it is something we could fit once the bike is in the garage and locked away for the night.