Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > FZ6 / Fazer

Performance gain from K&N air filter?

(1/2) > >>

agricola:
 As per the title, is there any gain to be had from K&N filter. Ima always a little wary of manufacturers claims

Dudeofrude:
In a word No, if it combined with a free flowing exhaust then you may experience a 1-2 bhp increase but that's only due to the increase air flow, which in turn will make the bike run slightly lean so that increase will only be a certainly rpms.
If the bike is currently running slightly rich then the K&N could help improve the power but other than thats its only useful when you start having it tuned that's when you start falling down the aftermarket/modding rabbit hole,
1 day your buying a free flowing air filter and 6 months down the line your trying to decide if you want your new lightweight pistons to be forged or cnc milled aluminium .... its a slippery slope haha

mtread:
Makes a noticeable difference to the FZS600, but that's a carb bike that otherwise runs rich. Not sure it works for a FZ6

Slaninar:

--- Quote from: mtread on 06 April 2018, 11:31:14 pm ---Makes a noticeable difference to the FZS600, but that's a carb bike that otherwise runs rich. Not sure it works for a FZ6

--- End quote ---

Some claim noticeable gain in higher RPM (and power) range, with some loss on low revs torque. I just love and notice the sound of the open exhaust pipe.

agricola:
I ve recently fitted Scorpion end cans and de-cat pipe. My understanding is that on fuel injected machines, the ecu adjusts fuel supply based on information sent to it by the O2 sensor, so aftermarker exausts/air filters are compoensated for automatically. Is that correct?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version