General > Introduction

Hi from Prescot

(1/3) > >>

sullspots:
Hi all,next week I'll be picking up a 2004 fazer 1000.It's been sat in a garage for at least 4 years but it's a one owner bike with about 10,000 miles on so I'm touching wood and hoping it'll be an easy job to get back on the road. :rollin

He says it's a carbs bike so that'll take me back a bit cleaning them up  :rolleyes    and I think probably a new battery and tyres too.Have I missed anything?

Can't wait to get her running,I ride an NC750X DCT at the mo and while the 80mpg is great and the helmet swallowing tank is genius I could use a good scare from a bike again. :woot :eek :eek

robbo:
Welcome to the forum. Plenty of helpful folk here to give you any assistance you might need, with a dash of piss taking thrown in. Your thou sounds like a good find, however fresh juice is a must before you attempt to start it and be prepared for the likelihood of blocked jets, depending on how it was laid up. If it runs, then an oil and filter change would be next on the list. Semi synth 10-40 is fine. Give the tyres a good examination as well, as 4 years just sitting may have taken it's toll. Good luck and keep us posted. They like pics on this site but I'm focced if I know how to do that.  :lol Enjoy. :thumbup

sullspots:
Thanks for the welcome Robbo  :thumbup   it looks like the place to be,lots of info and mods to get up to speed on.

Yes fresh juice and I'm hoping the tank won't be too rusty inside,just have too wait and see on that one.Will try and post up some pics too,I used to use photo bucket on other forums but will have to look at other ways.

robbo:
Well removing the tank, when you drain it is nice and easy. After undoing the allen headed bolt at the front, the tank will hinge upwards. Making some sort of a prop rod is a good idea for any future maintenance. Underneath the tank is a handy on/off tap, so all straight forward really. Have fun.

sullspots:
Here she is, a bit of a doer upper as you can see.Been sat for four years so will be giving her a good looking at over the next few days.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version