Date: 29-03-24  Time: 05:07 am

Author Topic: Hey folks. Newbie and luvvin it  (Read 1191 times)

Marc M

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
Hey folks. Newbie and luvvin it
« on: 27 March 2018, 11:03:00 pm »
Hi all, just joined the gang😀 had a wee look a few times, and decided to join in.
Been riding since Oct 2016, on a 2009 FZ6 S2. First bike, never been into bikes that much, then just decided to get out on two wheels. I’m loving every minute of it, wish I’d done it years ago. Learning something new every ride, mostly out myself😒 but happy enough with that. Live just north of Glasgow.  Love Glencoe and anywhere in north west highlands. Don’t know too much about bikes, but I’m learning as I go along.
Looking forward to joining in the chat, and maybe catch up with members at some point.
Cheers for now 👍

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Re: Hey folks. Newbie and luvvin it
« Reply #1 on: 28 March 2018, 08:35:49 am »
Welcome to the world of piss taking, wind ups and a awful lot of knowledge and helpful foccers.
It's a great forum and guys are always will to share the ideas, knowledge and experience.
The North West of Scotland is beautiful, peaceful, and unspoilt. With saying that I have not been right up North for many years now, I always used to Holiday in the N/W at a fishing port called Kinlochbervie, its about 20 or so miles South of Cape Wrath. I used to hire a 12 foot tender with an outboard and go fishing off a place called Pollin.
Anyway Marc welcome mate. A photo of your bike in the forum is always appreciated.
I have a 2003 FZS 600 Foxeye that I have done quite a lot of modding on, most of it internal and un-noticeable.

I also have to admit to being a soft sissy Southern bastard, my bike hibernates through the wet and cold months. I am aware that you could not do that in the N/W of Scotland because you would never get to ride ever. :lol
tommy
« Last Edit: 28 March 2018, 08:37:22 am by tommyardin »

Marc M

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 March 2018, 12:57:58 am »
Cheers Tommy. 👍
Aaahhh, Kinlochbervie, I love it up there, and that whole area, Durness, Lochinver, Bettyhill, absolutely stunning.
Yeah, just gotta wrap up around here just now. I’ve not been out as much this winter, last winter I was out more, as I was new and wanted out all the time, plus it wasn’t as bad last winter. Done a few wee local-ish runs recently, and couple of days ago I done a nice first Spring ride, to Glencoe, what a fab day, bloody freezing on Rannoch moor, but roads were kinda quiet, clean, and scenery as stunning as ever.
Next week I’m gonna do oil and filters change, couple of new tyres to get fitted, then I’m pretty much ready for a good year of plenty of runs, including a couple of camping trips up north west.
I have a fully faired S2 600, ‘09 plate. First bike, and loving every minute on it. Only mods are a couple of LED spots on forks, and a couple of wee red LEDs as additional brake lights😁 Oh, and of course a set of heated grips😀
Hopefully you’ll get a chance to visit NW Scotland again soon mate.
Cheers ....

Marc

2B9097A7 A952 4FD3 B0E3 F5C5F096AC57
2B9097A7 A952 4FD3 B0E3 F5C5F096AC57
« Last Edit: 29 March 2018, 01:12:59 am by Marc M »

Kaikagaga

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • - msx
    • View Profile