Date: 16-04-24  Time: 12:25 pm

Author Topic: Hello and an alarm question  (Read 1399 times)

PeeBee

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1200GS
    • View Profile
Hello and an alarm question
« on: 26 March 2018, 09:25:14 pm »
I have recently purchased a 2005 FZS1000 in lovely condition, with quite a bit of work done to it - suspension, Ivans etc. However, it has a Meta 357T v2 fitted.

I've had problems with these alarms on other bikes and, seeing as it only had one fob and no red card with it, I thought that I would remove it.

Removed the unit and started removing the alarm loom; re-joined the rear indicator cables and was left with three connections with two wires each into blocks on the left side of the bike. There is a black 4 pin block and a white 4 pin block and a white 3 pin block. The 3 pin was providing the feed and an earth to the alarm unit, so I removed the connections. I am assuming that the black and white blocks are part of the original Yamaha loom. By linking the two wires within each of the 4 pin blocks, the bike functions.. I am led to believe that Yamaha fitted loop plugs to these blocks, which were removed when alarms were fitted. Can anyone confirm this.

andydrz

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Triumph Explorer
    • View Profile
Re: Hello and an alarm question
« Reply #1 on: 30 March 2018, 09:12:42 pm »
Yes, I've just found a similar thing on a '99 R1 loom. I found a picture on a kit car forum showing the wire loops. It's the Yamaha Cyclelock part of the loom.  :)

Gaz66

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - VFR800 Fi (1999)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 April 2018, 09:29:37 am »
That's the way to do it matey, what looks like a solid bit of bare wire you've looped across alarm plugs, "Temp Job"?   

You can go one step further & fit the opposite part of the loom plugs, run a hidden switch & then you have an easily installed immobiliser of sorts, better than nowt at all, a good alarmed disc lock too.

PeeBee

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1200GS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 April 2018, 10:44:45 am »
That's the way to do it matey, what looks like a solid bit of bare wire you've looped across alarm plugs, "Temp Job"?   

You can go one step further & fit the opposite part of the loom plugs, run a hidden switch & then you have an easily installed immobiliser of sorts, better than nowt at all, a good alarmed disc lock too.

Yes, the solid wire was a temporary fix to check it worked. The second pic shows the plugs that went to the alarm unit. I've looped the wires at these plugs and fitted them to the bike loom plugs. Good point about a switch to make an immobilizer, though.