Date: 28-03-24  Time: 22:33 pm

Author Topic: Paddock Bobbin Mounting  (Read 1823 times)

JerseyCityDevil

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
Paddock Bobbin Mounting
« on: 27 April 2018, 02:40:07 pm »
Hey Guys,

First post here, so first off Hi!.

Had my FZ6 S2 since Nov last year and just starting to get round to modifying bits on her to make her more to my liking.

I'm looking to install some rear paddock bobbins so I can do a center stand delete. I'm not looking for the pros and cons of doing this as I'm sure you all want to give me ;) Just looking for a simple answer on the best way to mount a non-thru-axle set of bobbins (so I can remove the rear wheel whilst on the stand). I'd love to avoid drilling holes in the swingarm, but if this is the only/best way of doing it then so be it.

Thanks in advance,

Adam
'08 Fazer FZ6 S2

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Paddock Bobbin Mounting
« Reply #1 on: 27 April 2018, 06:58:54 pm »
Hey and welcome. Do you not already have the holes in the swing arm for the spools? I know the fz1 comes with them as standard but not 100% sure about the 6

JerseyCityDevil

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 April 2018, 05:07:26 am »
Hey Dudeofrude,

No, the fz6 does not come with pre-drilled holes for bobbins (or at least mine doesn't have them)

I'm going to assume im going to have to drill some myself, but I just wanted to see if anyone had fitted any without this necessity.
'08 Fazer FZ6 S2

FILZ6

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Kawasaki Z1000sx
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 April 2018, 11:37:13 am »
Hello Adam.

Welcome to the forum.
I have taken the centre stand off my FZ6 S2. So I use a Abba Superbike Stand, this locates on the swingarm pivot, so no drilling of swingarm to fit bobbins.
Rear wheel removal just as if on centre stand, front wheel removal I use a car scissor jack and a small piece of wood packing piece under the downpipes.
All dead easy.

Hope you enjoy having your FZ6, I think they are great, love mine.

Cheers.
Phil.