Date: 28-03-24  Time: 10:21 am

Author Topic: Hello! And a wee question...  (Read 1594 times)

Danny-fz

• Cager in Training
    • View Profile
Hello! And a wee question...
« on: 17 March 2018, 11:52:01 am »
Hi All, towards the end of last year I picked up a yellow and black 2011 FZ1 N. Not had it out much over the winter but yesterday I gave it a service in preparation for using it in the coming weeks but I already know I love it! I was having a look around it and noticed two loose cables tracing back to a wee box between the tank and the battery...might be a totally stupid question but what are they for? I attached a photo of the box/cables in question!

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
Re: Hello! And a wee question...
« Reply #1 on: 17 March 2018, 12:14:19 pm »
They will be disconnected exup cables. I take it that you have an aftermarket end can fitted and do not have the original end can fitted.
Nothing to be bothered about as the exup on a gen2 Fazer is just for emissions.

Danny-fz

• Cager in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 March 2018, 12:42:06 pm »
Yes aftermarket can so that makes perfect sense. Thanks very much. Is it worth/ possible to remove the cables from the black box?

Mustang

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 March 2018, 03:08:14 pm »
Yes aftermarket can so that makes perfect sense. Thanks very much. Is it worth/ possible to remove the cables from the black box?

Yes remove the cables

Nemesis

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 March 2018, 09:47:03 pm »
Did mine following youtube video, a bit fiddlely putting servo back in place but not difficult to do. If you don't plan on reversing when selling or don't have stock can, then totally agree get rid :)

gnm

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 March 2018, 10:27:06 pm »
Did mine at weekend after fitting aftermarket exhaust, you can get the cables off without removing the servo just use angled philips screwdriver to remove the cover over the cables, pull the outer cables back and slip the inners off the pulley

Danny-fz

• Cager in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 March 2018, 08:52:15 am »
Thanks folks. I bought the bike with a non standard exhaust and it was one of those times where I was looking over the bike thinking what an earth are these cables for and as soon as someone said exup valve it made perfect sense. The cables came out no problem.