Date: 28-03-24  Time: 13:02 pm

Author Topic: MOTORWAY MADNESS  (Read 6077 times)

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Re: MOTORWAY MADNESS
« Reply #25 on: 12 March 2018, 10:42:09 pm »

:agree

IMHO, they should have a mandatory recall on all cars and replace the drivers steering wheel airbag with a spike. That will ensure people leave enough space to react without hitting the brakes every few seconds.!

Sound like a cool mod  :eek

DILLIGAFF

• Muppet

Plucking foccer
    Official FOC-U Saga Lout
    Kock Leeper
  • GP Hero
  • Leeper of cocks
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 13 March 2018, 10:44:34 am »
Or maybe a brake light repeater on the dashboard so they can annoy themselves as well?
I used to not give a foc, then I discovered Red Bull and now I don't give a flying foc !!!

Millietant

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Apr RSV, FJ1200, FZS1000 & 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 14 March 2018, 02:07:06 am »
Together with a huge, really bright, rear fog-light repeater, so big that it can't be ignored!!!!!

Totally fed up of following people in the rain who use their rear fog lights, completely dazzling anyone behind them...ggrrrrrrrrr.....

DILLIGAFF

• Muppet

Plucking foccer
    Official FOC-U Saga Lout
    Kock Leeper
  • GP Hero
  • Leeper of cocks
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 14 March 2018, 11:13:00 am »
In their defence Millie, some modern cars have front and rear fog lights linked so you cannot turn off the rear if front are on.
I used to not give a foc, then I discovered Red Bull and now I don't give a flying foc !!!

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #29 on: 14 March 2018, 01:20:57 pm »
In their defence Millie, some modern cars have front and rear fog lights linked so you cannot turn off the rear if front are on.

The fog lamps should NOT be on unless visibility is down below 100 metres. Not simply "oh, it's a little bit misty" or "hmm, it's raining, let's dazzle everyone behind me..."

They should also default to OFF as soon as the ignition is switched off, so they don't stay on the next day!

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #30 on: 14 March 2018, 02:17:28 pm »
The fog lamps should NOT be on unless visibility is down below 100 metres. Not simply "oh, it's a little bit misty" or "hmm, it's raining, let's dazzle everyone behind me..."
They should also default to OFF as soon as the ignition is switched off, so they don't stay on the next day!

There is no defence Delboy.

:agree Mille - With Fords, and it may still be the case, you couldnt turn the fog lights on unless the headlights were on as it was on the same rotary switch. Turning he lights off also turned the fog lights off. Good design in my view.
Turnign them off with the ignition may be good but can have drawbacks until you are used to the idea. An alternative is to automatically turn them off when your speed exceeds 60MPH as visibility must be over 100m at that point for you to be able to stop safely.
In this country you rarely get fog where visability is below 100m.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

Millietant

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Apr RSV, FJ1200, FZS1000 & 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 14 March 2018, 06:25:56 pm »
I don't know any cars that have fog lights that don't revert to the off position/setting when the ignition is turned off.

I've had British, Japanese, Korean, Swedish, French and German cars in the last 10 years and every one had fog lights that switched back to off when the ignition is turned off.

People who drive with then ON these days, have turned them on - it's not been done by accident, it's been done by someone who doesn't know what they're doing and who shouldn't be driving (these are the same people, usually, who sit in the 3rd lane on the 4 lane sections of the M1 at 68mph, when there is no be ahead of them in lanes 1 or 2 - and they're oblivious to the gridlock they're causing behind them).

Rant over  :)
« Last Edit: 14 March 2018, 06:28:09 pm by Millietant »

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 14 March 2018, 07:55:43 pm »
Or they are too busy texting or on the phone to realise the fog lights are on.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 14 March 2018, 11:06:08 pm »
Or maybe a brake light repeater on the dashboard so they can annoy themselves as well?

:rollin :rollin :rollin :lol :thumbup