Date: 28-03-24  Time: 11:11 am

Author Topic: POLITE NOTICE: You're Nicked  (Read 13786 times)

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
POLITE NOTICE: You're Nicked
« on: 11 February 2018, 04:14:05 pm »

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: POLITE NOTICE: You're Nicked
« Reply #1 on: 11 February 2018, 06:16:36 pm »
Black and white check colouring shouldn't be a problem, but the blue light is just taking the piss.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

bri h

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 February 2018, 07:30:03 pm »
He should be banged up for being a banker :) .
a bird in the hand poops on the wrist

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 February 2018, 11:26:42 pm »
He doesn't need the book thrown at him, he needs it whacking repeatedly across the chops the foccin idiot!
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 February 2018, 10:43:55 am »
I don't see an issue here, he hasn't enforced any law or tried to tell people what to do. He had hi viz on......loads of people wear it especially bikers. Years ago up here, a local lad dressed and rode a bike resembling a paramedic. He'd park up when one of the big shows was on over on the Wirral, after complaints from the public, the Police said he was doing nothing wrong as he'd not offered medical assistance to anyone.

Ref the bike, does this mean the Police force who sold it with livery should be culpable and what about re enactment groups?

we see old army jeeps but we don't assume they're full of old yank soldiers
fire never sleeps

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 February 2018, 11:00:29 am »
I might be cynical but you have to question his motives. He had brought together a lot of things which together could be very misleading to most members of the public. Just saying

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 February 2018, 11:11:31 am »
I think it says he added checkers himself so the bike from the police would have come without them. He would og got away with it if it wasn't for the blue light even though it was not lit.
I enquired about being a blood biker volunteer once and was told that I could use one of the livered up bikes but although it came with a blue light on a stick I would not be allowed to use it but was told it dos get you places faster.     
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 February 2018, 11:18:14 am »
My understanding is that the motive was to proceed more freely through rush-hour traffic by giving other road users the impression that it's a police bike and hoping that they give way.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 February 2018, 11:23:23 am »
My understanding is that the motive was to proceed more freely through rush-hour traffic by giving other road users the impression that it's a police bike and hoping that they give way.

Lying cheating banker then

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 February 2018, 11:24:15 am »
Years ago up here, a local lad dressed and rode a bike resembling a paramedic. He'd park up when one of the big shows was on over on the Wirral, after complaints from the public, the Police said he was doing nothing wrong as he'd not offered medical assistance to anyone.

He was indeed committing an offence.

It's known as: "Being A Foccin Weirdo"

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 February 2018, 11:33:35 am »
Years ago up here, a local lad dressed and rode a bike resembling a paramedic. He'd park up when one of the big shows was on over on the Wirral, after complaints from the public, the Police said he was doing nothing wrong as he'd not offered medical assistance to anyone.

He was indeed committing an offence.

It's known as: "Being A Foccin Weirdo"
Be careful because if you keep saying that, we will end up having to add another letter like this - LGBTW 

oh- oh - quick - quick best do a bit of virtue signaling - I am not saying that the LGBT are "W"

« Last Edit: 13 February 2018, 11:36:38 am by fazersharp »

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #11 on: 13 February 2018, 11:47:34 am »

When I had my Pan European, just wearing a high viz jacket made a big different even though the bike was slow red and I had a black helmet, people moved out of the way much better than whenever I didn't wear the high viz.
The muppets probably thought I was plod as I used to get people intentionally blocking my way without hi-viz but nobody tried that when I wore it.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #12 on: 13 February 2018, 11:49:40 am »
Be careful because if you keep saying that, we will end up having to add another letter like this - LGBT&

Corrected that there for you Mr Sharp so people get the correct thing in their minds :)
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13 February 2018, 11:59:38 am »
Anyone that impersonates a medical professional is deeply disturbed in my humble opinion.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 13 February 2018, 02:03:30 pm »
Anyone that impersonates a medical professional is deeply disturbed in my humble opinion.

You'll have to let the wife know next time she gets her nurses outfit out 😉

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 13 February 2018, 03:09:28 pm »
I think it says he added checkers himself so the bike from the police would have come without them. He would og got away with it if it wasn't for the blue light even though it was not lit.
I enquired about being a blood biker volunteer once and was told that I could use one of the livered up bikes but although it came with a blue light on a stick I would not be allowed to use it but was told it dos get you places faster.   

Black and white checks are just that, the police don't own that colour coding.
That's old anyway, bikes round my way are white with blue and yellow paneling.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13 February 2018, 03:11:34 pm »

When I had my Pan European, just wearing a high viz jacket made a big different even though the bike was slow red and I had a black helmet, people moved out of the way much better than whenever I didn't wear the high viz.
The muppets probably thought I was plod as I used to get people intentionally blocking my way without hi-viz but nobody tried that when I wore it.

Totally agree, i find peoples attitudes completely change when i don't wear a hi-vis.
Always wear it now, i don't wanna give people any excuses at all.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 13 February 2018, 06:18:00 pm »
Anyone that impersonates a medical professional is deeply disturbed in my humble opinion....with just a few specific exceptions.

You'll have to let the wife know next time she gets her nurses outfit out 😉

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 13 February 2018, 09:27:33 pm »

similar with me when riding an RT, people see big bike and hi viz and think plod. Had lane 3 to myself :lol

these days on the bandit, twats sit in lane 3 with nothing in 1 and 2 and won't budge
fire never sleeps

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #19 on: 13 February 2018, 10:17:06 pm »

You mean like those chavvy twats who have blue-tinted bulbs or blue LEDs in their headlights to make people think they're the Police?

Why don't we see news stories about them?

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #20 on: 13 February 2018, 10:22:07 pm »

When I was doing my Direct Access, my instructor had a white Pan with yellow Hi Viz, white helmet and yellow Hi Viz jacket on.

One time we'd stopped at the side of the road to discuss something about the ride when a Police car came belting past, twos and blues going.

As it passed us, there was a quick Be-Beep from his horn, presumably because the driver thought my Instructor was a colleague  :D

Another time, there were some kids belting around an office car park on a Sunday in a go-kart and as we rode past, they suddenly looked very worried. When we came back a bit later, they'd packed up and left!

Not his fault if they can't tell the difference...

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 13 February 2018, 11:12:20 pm »

You mean like those chavvy twats who have blue-tinted bulbs or blue LEDs in their headlights to make people think they're the Police?

Why don't we see news stories about them?
I am seeing more and more of them and as I understood only emergency services are allowed to have any blue light. Why aret they being pulled over - its not like they are difficult to spot. I have also seen green lights on the front - again only doctors are allowed them although I have never seen one 

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 13 February 2018, 11:30:38 pm »
wagons with blue lights in the front
ex fire engines being used as party buses like stretch limos are
horse riders with hi viz on the horse (does it appear to be a plod horse?)

its been the bike in this case, I'm sure of it

fire never sleeps

celticbiker

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 14 February 2018, 07:36:26 am »
As I understand it looking like a police bike is not actually against the law.
You can even put the blue and yellow panels on your bike but they must not be reflective and a big no no is displaying a blue light and trust me, whatever you do, don't rig your side or spot lights to flash alternately.
What about those polite biker hi viz. I know a guy that wears one and rides a white pan with yellow reflective panels on the pampers and every time I see him I think it's the police.
https://goo.gl/images/ThRHT1
« Last Edit: 14 February 2018, 07:40:53 am by celticbiker »
(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(x'.'x) bunny onto your page to help
(")-(") him gain world domination!

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 14 February 2018, 10:51:48 am »

The d*ckheads that wear those polite notice jackets are usually to be found at the front of a line of slow moving traffic riding at the speed of a snail.
I'm not against yellow reflective jackets any thing to help other drivers stop using us as target practice, but that wording has to my mind only one purpose to mislead other drivers into thinking it's a police bike and rider.