Date: 28-03-24  Time: 23:21 pm

Author Topic: POLITE NOTICE: You're Nicked  (Read 13804 times)

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Re: POLITE NOTICE: You're Nicked
« Reply #50 on: 27 February 2018, 08:27:51 am »
What I dont get is the fact that every 'biker' I know hates these jackets and usually the people that wear them.... so who is fucking buying um haha
At what point does anyone decide it's a good idea to make yourself universally hated by both bikers and cagers

Cough! Cough! Errrm!
No I don't have one really have one but I have a friend who does :lol LOL! (Oww Yeah! heard that one before)
But she only has one horse power.
« Last Edit: 27 February 2018, 08:32:50 am by tommyardin »

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 27 February 2018, 08:32:03 am »
Wear one of these.  :lol

Have you had anyone take up your kind offer of free sex lessons? I know a guy at work who might be interested in them, he is always saying he doesn' t get much action  :eek

I asked you not to mention that to anyone else  :eek :'(

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #52 on: 02 March 2018, 06:59:56 pm »
At what point does anyone decide it's a good idea to make yourself universally hated by both bikers and cagers

At the point where you figure that your personal safety is more important that giving a foc what others think about you.

cf people who wear dark clothes and cycle with no lights who mock those who use lights and wear hi-viz when cycling...

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 02 March 2018, 07:17:07 pm »

At the point where you figure that your personal safety is more important that giving a foc what others think about you.

cf people who wear dark clothes and cycle with no lights who mock those who use lights and wear hi-viz when cycling...

We are not talking about just a hi viz - I use one of them when riding- its the pretending to be the police that gets peoples goat.

I don't see how it could possibly help safety in any way because POLITE is written on back of the vest 
« Last Edit: 02 March 2018, 07:20:06 pm by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 02 March 2018, 07:42:43 pm »
I don't see how it could possibly help safety in any way because POLITE is written on back of the vest 

You've never had a motorist sitting six feet off your rear wheel??

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 02 March 2018, 08:59:01 pm »

I am more concerned with the idiot pulling out in front of me who did not see me, so fake Police on the BACK wont help that. And the fake ploice is more likely to antagonise the driver behind you, like you said he is only 6 feet from your rear wheel so he has already established that he is a nob 

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 03 March 2018, 07:38:18 am »

He's not referring to Hi-Viz.

He's referring to the Polite Notice vests and you know it ;)

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 03 March 2018, 07:41:18 am »

If impersonating a Policeman is the only way to ensure safety then it's time to call it a day and pack-up riding.

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 03 March 2018, 08:50:10 am »
Might be an enforced lay off riding magistrates take a very dim view of impersonating   a police officer

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 03 March 2018, 10:03:15 am »
Have you noticed how you never see the term 'Polite Notice' displayed anywhere else?.

It's not on any road signs telling you to slow down or keep you're distance.

A certain type of personality is in their element with things like this. You can just picture the smug grin as the bloke behind slams his anchors on unnecessarily.

Anquetil

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS 600 2003, FZS 600 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 03 March 2018, 10:19:50 am »
I did a BikeSafe course at North Wales Police Headquarters four years ago. During the classroom session in the morning the subject of these 'Polite Notice', Hi-Viz vests was discussed. The person running the course, who had been an advanced Police driver and motorcyclist for many years, was of the opinion that wearing such a vest was very close to impersonating a Police Officer and should not be allowed.
« Last Edit: 03 March 2018, 10:20:33 am by Anquetil »

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 03 March 2018, 12:45:14 pm »
I am more concerned with the idiot pulling out in front of me who did not see me, so fake Police on the BACK wont help that. And the fake ploice is more likely to antagonise the driver behind you, like you said he is only 6 feet from your rear wheel so he has already established that he is a nob 

If you have to brake because of someone pulling out in front of you, you don't want to get some idiot slamming into the rear of them, so if you can deter them from doing so in the first place, that's a positive in my book.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 03 March 2018, 12:46:24 pm »
If impersonating a Policeman is the only way to ensure safety then it's time to call it a day and pack-up riding.

Yawn. The Police said, long ago, that it's not "Impersonating a Policeman".

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 03 March 2018, 03:34:42 pm »
 :lol

More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 03 March 2018, 04:44:38 pm »

Yawn. The Police said, long ago, that it's not "Impersonating a Policeman".

OK they don't consider that sufficient to prosecute.

The twats that wear them sure want you to believe they are a copper from a distance though.

The people that wear these things are only interested in boosting their own self-importance.

In another era they'd be Chief Warden Hodges out of Dad's Army.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 03 March 2018, 04:48:11 pm »

I bet that's sufficient to prosecute.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 03 March 2018, 04:52:08 pm »

But when they'd got within six feet they would have realised it reads 'POLITE' and that the rider was a 'PILLOCK'

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 03 March 2018, 04:53:31 pm »
I have more confidence in my lights, especially my brake lights to be honest
Intentionally left blank

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 03 March 2018, 08:36:33 pm »
Come on darrsi, now your taliking fairy tales, who the foc has heard of a POLITE policeman.  :lol

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 03 March 2018, 09:07:15 pm »
Come on darrsi, now your taliking fairy tales, who the foc has heard of a POLITE policeman.  :lol

He probably is from a distance  :lol

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 03 March 2018, 09:09:30 pm »

Well that depends on whether or not he has a speed gun in his hands ----------- thats not very Polite from a distance
« Last Edit: 03 March 2018, 09:10:12 pm by fazersharp »

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 03 March 2018, 11:00:02 pm »

Well that depends on whether or not he has a speed gun in his hands ----------- thats not very Polite from a distance

Yeah, bad subject for me, got pulled twice in exactly the same spot.

Millietant

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Apr RSV, FJ1200, FZS1000 & 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 04 March 2018, 10:34:37 pm »
Unfortunately, I've worked in the vehicle graphics industry in the past, doing lots for Police and Emergency Services vehicles. The main coverall for reflective colours etc sits under the Vehicle Lighting Regulations.

In there, there are the rules about reflective yellows, blues and lighting colours etc. They're very clear that only emergency service vehicles can use the designated schemes & colours for front and rear graphics and blue lights, but there is an option for an approved special "dispensation" that can be applied for and received in writing (for private ambulances, blood bikes etc).

Enforcing the Vehicle Lighting Regs seems very low on the Police priority list.

We had customers ordering Police style graphics packages in the mistaken belief that if they didn't have the word "Police" on the car, they weren't breaking the law. Under our ISO QA schemes, we had to record our actions when anyone asked us to design or supply schemes that were illegal - our normal response was to point out the illegality and confirm that we couldn't supply. This usually resulted in buyers telling us that we were being unhelpful and they went to the less "reputable" on line suppliers who would do anything for money.

I'd have always liked to have helped, but we supplied many of the UK's Police forces and Ambulance/Fire services etc - and to maintain our accreditation we had to be lillywhite about our quality systems and compliance, so we just couldn't do it.

Unfortunately, some of our competitors were less "honest" and lots of bikes/cars are now running around with "illegal" reflective graphics (imitating Emergency Services vehicles) - and I must say, I'm glad when the "imposters" get pulled.

We need to make sure people always pull over for Emergency vehicles and don't think "here's just another w*anker with fake lights etc" and fail to let the, through.

One day, an ambulance or a police car could save my (or family/friends) life, so I'm all for making sure they're never mistaken.

Hi Viz clothing though - I'm all for it 😀
« Last Edit: 04 March 2018, 10:37:58 pm by Millietant »

focced_off

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 05 March 2018, 12:57:41 pm »

Which is what happened to me - although she was approaching in the opposite direction in her car (so she had plenty of time to see me coming along the road ahead of her), but then she makes a sudden right turn, across my side of the road, to get into a side road - she drove straight at me (like I was invisible)! I still have visions of the front end of her car almost on me, a fraction before impact (MY side of the road) -  then the next, a big smash and being laid on the floor with my bike on-top of me.

She did state right after the accident, she didn't see me! The concerning fact is there was nothing I could have done to avoid the impact - fortunately it was a residential location, so speeds were beneath 30mph.

I'd also like to state the justice system is A JOKE!!!! She was forced to do a 1 day driver awareness course - end of story. No points on her license, not charged with dangerous driving or indue care & attention (although the Police officer at the scene said she WOULD likely be - but wasnt). She doesn't even need to notify her insurance company she had to attend the course! She only has a fault claim on her insurance policy (as responsible). While MY bike (my mode of transport) gets written off plus have to deal with months of painful recovery.

I believe a car taking out a motorcycle should be more greatly punished, as the injuries the Biker sustains are usually much greater than a "bump" between 2 cars (with no injury to the occupants).

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 05 March 2018, 01:07:04 pm »
I'd be happy if they just treated us the same as all other road users.