Date: 29-03-24  Time: 00:39 am

Author Topic: Can camera vans get you when facing towards you?  (Read 5934 times)

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Can camera vans get you when facing towards you?
« Reply #25 on: 27 February 2018, 03:53:30 pm »
Got these starting soon as well.

Well if that's all they're used for then I'm 100% on-board with um, but the fact it they'll soon be used to catch you having a drink, eating some crisps, changing the radio station etc etc until it's get to the point ya don't dare fart while your driving in case ya get a fine

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 27 February 2018, 04:26:36 pm »

Well if that's all they're used for then I'm 100% on-board with um, but the fact it they'll soon be used to catch you having a drink, eating some crisps, changing the radio station etc etc until it's get to the point ya don't dare fart while your driving in case ya get a fine

I’ve read they’ll be looking out for people not wearing seatbelts too.

You’re right though, i wouldn’t be surprised if they look for motorbikes in the cycle area at traffic lights.
« Last Edit: 27 February 2018, 04:28:42 pm by darrsi »
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

focced_off

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 27 February 2018, 04:31:32 pm »

you do THAT too??  :eek Suppose what happens behind closed (car) doors, is not another mans business.  :lol
« Last Edit: 27 February 2018, 04:32:13 pm by focced_off »

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #28 on: 02 March 2018, 07:03:56 pm »

Good.

It's been demonstrated that using a mobile whilst driving is as dangerous as drink driving and I doubt anyone here would approve of that.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 03 March 2018, 09:17:47 pm »
How easy is it to get the motorcyclist - small target long distance or is it some sort of auto focus tracking. You are in the sights but as you are coming around the corner very easily you quickly are out of the track - unlike a car that is wider how long does it need with an oncoming to register a speed. I am confused because If you are followed by a car they record your speed over 1/4 mile ? for evidence or have I got that  wrong     
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 03 March 2018, 09:22:55 pm »
Never mind i have modded my fazer - here --------

Millietant

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Apr RSV, FJ1200, FZS1000 & 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 04 March 2018, 11:10:30 pm »
I'm all for catching mobile phone users, testers and the like - and also people who speed where it really is dangerous (near schools and in built up ares).

But, most non urban speed limits today are way too low for optimum safety (I say this after having worked many years ago, on designing road and white lining schemes, which used to based on science rather than the now popular "slower is safer" approach) - so I'm totally against out-of-town cameras and especially camera vans on rural dual carriageways and "open" roads.

focced_off

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 05 March 2018, 12:20:15 pm »
How easy is it to get the motorcyclist - small target long distance or is it some sort of auto focus tracking. You are in the sights but as you are coming around the corner very easily you quickly are out of the track - unlike a car that is wider how long does it need with an oncoming to register a speed. I am confused because If you are followed by a car they record your speed over 1/4 mile ? for evidence or have I got that  wrong     

Well the vans (or police stood with a hand gun) are usually parked to one end of a straight road so once you are on that stretch coming towards them, your position wont deviate much to the left or right - unless you weave side to side between lanes (if there's more than 1 which "could" be a tactic) :)

Granted, on a bike you are 'tiny' compared to the mass plus width of a car - so it would require much greater targeting skill to track you.

.......I don't believe these speed guns have "helmet recognition + tracking" technology...... yet! :D
« Last Edit: 05 March 2018, 12:21:01 pm by focced_off »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 05 March 2018, 12:40:17 pm »

Well the vans (or police stood with a hand gun) are usually parked to one end of a straight road so once you are on that stretch coming towards them, your position wont deviate much to the left or right - unless you weave side to side between lanes (if there's more than 1 which "could" be a tactic) :)

Granted, on a bike you are 'tiny' compared to the mass plus width of a car - so it would require much greater targeting skill to track you.

.......I don't believe these speed guns have "helmet recognition + tracking" technology...... yet! :D
The long straight road position is fine but that is always either after a bend or brow of a hill. So as I come around the bend I spot the van way up ahead up the straight, throw the anchor out and they have not had enough time to lock on to my small target so my the time they have a fix on me I am doing the limit.