Date: 28-03-24  Time: 19:16 pm

Author Topic: New toy  (Read 1436 times)

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
New toy
« on: 11 February 2018, 01:58:17 pm »
I have had my MT09 now for nearly 3 years and loved it, just so light to flick about and loads of fun. Anyway as I am doing more touring now than day to day ridding decided the MT09 with it's 14 ltr tank was no longer ideal so chopped it for this new unreg MT09 Tracer. Picked it up yesterday and in glorious sunshine decided to have a run to get the feel of her, first impressions are favourable. Seating position is better as it is a more upright ride so easier on my dodgy knees. An hour into my ride it started to snow. We never get snow in this part of France so bugger that headed for home. I have a few bits and pieces from my 09 I removed to fit on the Tracer. I am sure Tracey and me are going to enjoy many happy times together. So far for this year planned tours are end of March down to the Costa Blanca (weather window dependent) as I have to either go around the Pyrenees or under them Col de Someport tunnel. In May a group of us from are meeting up in Cochem in Germany and in August heading over to Ireland for the Armoy & UGP road races, Plan is the week between the two races is to do part of the Wild Atlantic Way Roll on Spring
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

Edmund

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Kz750Twin G1
    • View Profile
Re: New toy
« Reply #1 on: 11 February 2018, 11:16:56 pm »
Nice one Lew, I did some of the wild atlantic way last year(north Clare)and also the ring of Beara, you won't be disappointed.If you have time go down to the Mizen head, well worth the trip.

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 February 2018, 11:38:02 pm »
I have done the whole thing before but by car but that was 40 years ago It was probably  not even called the wild Atlantic Way all them  years ago. But have many happy memories from that far back.
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 February 2018, 10:24:01 am »
I have done the whole thing before but by car but that was 40 years ago It was probably  not even called the wild Atlantic Way all them  years ago. But have many happy memories from that far back.

It was called the Wilder Atlantic Way then  :lol