Date: 18-04-24  Time: 08:31 am

Author Topic: Back again.  (Read 1621 times)

took

• Cager in Training
  • Rev it till the red bit and enjoy
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Back again.
« on: 07 February 2018, 01:32:46 pm »
Hi All, i was on here 5 years ago but left when I sold my Gen1 1000, well.................... i have bought the same bike back again as to good to
let someone else have him (he is called Freddy!), the bike has a a full monty ivan upgrade (done by mike), a niton rear shock, hagon front springs, braided hoses, yam sports screen, Arrow can, heated grips, new battery and chain and sprockets, hugger and belly pan, pazzo leavers, new PR 4 tyres, just been serviced, im not selling him again as regretted doing so 4 years ago to buy a green SX thingy :)
Owned over a hundred bikes and still going, bought my old Fazer 1000 back as should not have sold it in the first place

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Re: Back again.
« Reply #1 on: 15 February 2018, 11:50:41 pm »
FFS do you ever own a bike for more than six months.
It says in your strap line ' Owned over a hundred bikes'

took

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 February 2018, 10:38:23 pm »
Te he, been riding for over 44 years now, road raced, enduro, trials, toured europe a few times, had all sorts, sports, trail, trials, enduro, retro, Naked.

Just love bikes, longest owned was my Fazer 1000(5 years) which i have just bought back to add to the collection :)
« Last Edit: 21 February 2018, 10:39:26 pm by took »
Owned over a hundred bikes and still going, bought my old Fazer 1000 back as should not have sold it in the first place

JonnyFoxtrot

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 February 2018, 12:31:58 pm »
Hi All, i was on here 5 years ago but left when I sold my Gen1 1000, well.................... i have bought the same bike back again as to good to
let someone else have him (he is called Freddy!), the bike has a a full monty ivan upgrade (done by mike), a niton rear shock, hagon front springs, braided hoses, yam sports screen, Arrow can, heated grips, new battery and chain and sprockets, hugger and belly pan, pazzo leavers, new PR 4 tyres, just been serviced, im not selling him again as regretted doing so 4 years ago to buy a green SX thingy :)

Welcome back  :)

Do you mean you had a Z1000SX? I'd be really interested to hear your comparisons between the two, speed/grunt, comfort, handling etc as I was thinking it might be my next bike after a few years with the Fazer!

took

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 March 2018, 06:26:58 pm »
Hi Jonny, the Fazer is the bike that i have had the longest, 5 years, sold it, bought it back after 4 years!

The SX was a great bike, mega engine pulls from nothing and is sports bike fast, heavy ish steering at slow speed, lots of vibes through the seat and foot pegs, not as comfy as the Fazer on long trips, better brakes than the Fazer (its more modern), handles well in the twisties,

Go try one, it may be for you (i should have kept the fazer warm in the garage whilst owning the SX) :)

JonnyFoxtrot

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05 March 2018, 11:15:36 am »
Hi Jonny, the Fazer is the bike that i have had the longest, 5 years, sold it, bought it back after 4 years!

The SX was a great bike, mega engine pulls from nothing and is sports bike fast, heavy ish steering at slow speed, lots of vibes through the seat and foot pegs, not as comfy as the Fazer on long trips, better brakes than the Fazer (its more modern), handles well in the twisties,

Go try one, it may be for you (i should have kept the fazer warm in the garage whilst owning the SX) :)

Thanks for the insight took :)