Date: 28-03-24  Time: 14:53 pm

Author Topic: Replacing an FZS600  (Read 1865 times)

GhostCat

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Replacing an FZS600
« on: 05 February 2018, 09:38:36 pm »

[size=78%]I've had my Fazer for a year - first big bike.. and absolutely love it. Comfortable, reliable, low maintenance, powerful, easy on petrol. But the London Mayor has proposed that, being a pre 2007 (not a Euro-3 bike) it will be subject to Congestion charge and ULEZ charge from next year. So I have been looking around to replace it, but I can't find anything post 2007 that is nearly as good ! MPG drops from 50's to 40's, and power drops even in an 800 like the Fazer 8. Also looking at the Honda CBF600S, the Fazer 8, Suzuki GSF1250SA, and the FZ1.[/size][/size] Anyone made the jump and fancy sharing their thoughts ?[size=78%]

[/size]GC[size=78%]

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
Re: Replacing an FZS600
« Reply #1 on: 05 February 2018, 09:42:46 pm »
FZ6 S2 Fazer

Bretty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 February 2018, 08:08:07 pm »
So Sadiq Khan, the mayor that cannot guarantee the security of motorcycles or motorcycle riders in London, insists we all get more expensive bikes. O-Kaaaay...
Sorry I can't help as I've only ever had bikes with carbs.
-suck-squeeze-bang-blow-

Carlsv8

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 February 2018, 09:25:48 pm »
Rode my mates CBF1000 and it was just like my FZS Foxeye but more grown up, much more like the 600 than my Fazer 1000 (Gen 1) was. I'd have one.

It's easier to get more money than it is a day of your life back.

GhostCat

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 February 2018, 11:42:24 pm »
Thanks chaps ! Both great bikes I wouldn't have otherwise considered ! The FZ6 doesn't seem to well liked by the reviewers tho  :lol  and is quite fugly (I know, pot calling the kettle black) the CBF though... cheap ! Same HP as the FZS and worse mpg, but a definite contender !

BMCfaz

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 February 2018, 08:56:59 am »
IMO there isn't anything newer that's as good an allrounder as the Fazer. I sold mine nearly 10 years ago and still regret it!
You don't say what else you use the bike for or if you actually live in the CC zone or just travel in to central London, or how far, but here are a couple of options I'd consider:
1. Keep the Fazer and get a smaller bike for commuting.
2. Street Triple or GSX750S offer similar performance without the weight of the FZ8 or Z750/800. Neither have fairings, but a flyscreen will offer some protection.
3. Just keep the Fazer and pay the charges. The cost to change bikes would pay the charge for quite a while!

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #6 on: 08 February 2018, 09:24:54 am »
Rode my mates CBF1000 and it was just like my FZS Foxeye but more grown up, much more like the 600 than my Fazer 1000 (Gen 1) was. I'd have one.

I swapped from FZS600 (02 plate) to CBF1000 (07 plate) & love it
paid £3k and it probably best money I ever spent.. however due to coming into a bit of money in near future may well be swapping it over soon for a new bike so could be for sale in bout 3 months!

will put in for sale section when I do so keep em peeled! lol
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 February 2018, 11:54:53 pm »
I've been thinking about replacing with a cbf1000 for a while now, problem is it looks a bit dated and I'm not so sure if it's going to be great for motorway filtering and commuting in city traffic which is what I do most of. I've even been considering a bmw f800 but it might seem a bit tame after the  :faz . The other one on my list is the Triumph street triple, decisions decisions! Please keep the suggestions coming as I really don't have a clue. I'll probably add the Kawa Z750 to the list too.
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #8 on: 09 February 2018, 07:08:35 am »
I've been thinking about replacing with a cbf1000 for a while now, problem is it looks a bit dated and I'm not so sure if it's going to be great for motorway filtering and commuting in city traffic which is what I do most of. I've even been considering a bmw f800 but it might seem a bit tame after the  :faz . The other one on my list is the Triumph street triple, decisions decisions! Please keep the suggestions coming as I really don't have a clue. I'll probably add the Kawa Z750 to the list too.

CBF1000  is great for filtering, even with luggage attached ( I keep mine off unless really needed, as for city traffic , depends on which city! lol 
I've commuted around Nottingham Portsmouth & Truro so fine there... 
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!