Date: 28-03-24  Time: 10:50 am

Author Topic: Rear indicator removal  (Read 1134 times)

Ash69

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Rear indicator removal
« on: 05 February 2018, 08:37:24 pm »
Right, before I go off all half-cocked and break something, how are you actually supposed to release the odd looking clips that hold the rear indicators to the tail piece - It's an FZ1 Fazer by the way, I'm trying to install a pair of Givi racks, which need the indicators moving, without hacking into the factory wiring .....
Cheers
Ian

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Rear indicator removal
« Reply #1 on: 05 February 2018, 09:04:11 pm »
If you are referring to removing them from the number plate holder then you have to look for the black plastic oval clip that sits inside the rim of the rubber mount. It's a bit hard to explain but I used a socket to loosen the nut down the stem then wiggled it around a bit until I could loosen the clip out.
« Last Edit: 05 February 2018, 09:13:42 pm by Dudeofrude »

Ash69

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 February 2018, 08:17:13 am »
Ahh okay, little clearer with the photos, it's those wing clips I was concerned about snapping off, just wondered if there was a knack to separating them rather than go in with a flat blade screwdriver, I'll have a closer look later.
Cheers

MedLey

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Kawasaki KLX 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 February 2018, 11:04:35 am »
Its done very easy, that seperate part in first photo id plastic, but those clips on the blinker are rubber type, so you need just a little lift with your finger, and thats all. Its hard to break something in this move :)

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 February 2018, 02:03:55 pm »
Ahh okay, little clearer with the photos, it's those wing clips I was concerned about snapping off, just wondered if there was a knack to separating them rather than go in with a flat blade screwdriver, I'll have a closer look later.
Cheers

To be honest I wouldn't think you'd snap them, they are fairly thick. A flat head screwdriver would do the job perfectly