Date: 28-03-24  Time: 15:49 pm

Author Topic: What made you feel good today?  (Read 12238 times)

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Re: What made you feel good today?
« Reply #50 on: 05 December 2018, 09:40:20 am »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 05 December 2018, 10:20:18 am »
arranged a date for Friday night!! 1st time in 10 years!! 

Me too. Hope the wife doesn't find out  :eek

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 05 December 2018, 10:21:51 am »
 :lol

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 05 December 2018, 10:42:24 am »

DILLIGAFF

• Muppet

Plucking foccer
    Official FOC-U Saga Lout
    Kock Leeper
  • GP Hero
  • Leeper of cocks
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 05 December 2018, 10:59:50 am »
Filled my tank @ £1.18/L yesterday. Last fill up was £1.32/L.   :D
I used to not give a foc, then I discovered Red Bull and now I don't give a flying foc !!!

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 05 December 2018, 11:22:10 am »
Cheers for the info Sharpie.  :D

The ACF50 should arrive by Friday, so will do the deed over the W/End.
Chain sprockets and drive train area clean to get all the old chain lube off tomorrow, inc inside the front sprocket case.

Drained Standard fuel out of the bike and shoved it in the car, then filled the FZS tank up with 'Super High Octane' fuel, put in Sta-Bil fuel stabiliser and a good slug of Marvel Mystery Oil then ran it for 10 or 15 minutes after the oil and filter change to get the stabilised fuel right through the system and the new engine oil filter full.  :thumbup

Never used the aerosol can type. The small spray unit you get with the bottle, it comes out as a jet, not a spray. I been using it for years, and found the best way is to buy a bottle and invest in one of those small low pressure spray guns, usually hundreds of them for sale at bike shows etc. Warm the ACF50 up first in a bucket of hot water to make it flow easier, it makes a difference. Air pressure no more than 5psi, comes out as a very fine spray. You can then get it under the tank, inside the frame, everywhere really. Bin liners over the wheels and brakes first. All done in half an hour. Ragging it on takes ages and you cant reach all areas.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 05 December 2018, 12:12:38 pm »
« Last Edit: 05 December 2018, 12:13:45 pm by tommyardin »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 05 December 2018, 12:23:34 pm »
Cheers for the info Sharpie.  :D

The ACF50 should arrive by Friday, so will do the deed over the W/End.
Chain sprockets and drive train area clean to get all the old chain lube off tomorrow, inc inside the front sprocket case.

Drained Standard fuel out of the bike and shoved it in the car, then filled the FZS tank up with 'Super High Octane' fuel, put in Sta-Bil fuel stabiliser and a good slug of Marvel Mystery Oil then ran it for 10 or 15 minutes after the oil and filter change to get the stabilised fuel right through the system and the new engine oil filter full.  :thumbup

Never used the aerosol can type. The small spray unit you get with the bottle, it comes out as a jet, not a spray. I been using it for years, and found the best way is to buy a bottle and invest in one of those small low pressure spray guns, usually hundreds of them for sale at bike shows etc. Warm the ACF50 up first in a bucket of hot water to make it flow easier, it makes a difference. Air pressure no more than 5psi, comes out as a very fine spray. You can then get it under the tank, inside the frame, everywhere really. Bin liners over the wheels and brakes first. All done in half an hour. Ragging it on takes ages and you cant reach all areas.
I think that is what I mean when I say gloopy, it is in a spray can but as you say it comes out like a jet rather than a spray. A rag suits my use because I do not ride in the wet, yet the dam thing still rusts. I don't bother putting it on painted areas but mainly nuts and exposed threads and a few brackets and already rusting areas.  The big issue I find is like just last week when it was 5C one day and then 14C the next and everything that was cold "sweats"   
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 06 December 2018, 03:04:15 pm »
watching Corbyn lose his rag with May and her cronies when they laughed at him, when he was talking about the poor. That made me feel good
fire never sleeps

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 06 December 2018, 03:10:38 pm »
Here is a good indication of how good ACF50 is. These are the ends of my mini scaffold tower I cleaned them up well over 2 years ago and on one stem I smeared ACF50 and I left the others. Can you spot the one that had the ACF50  :lol They are stored in a dry area and so are not subject to rain washing off any ACF50 but the area does get damp.

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #60 on: 07 December 2018, 07:16:35 am »
arranged a date for Friday night!! 1st time in 10 years!! 

Me too. Hope the wife doesn't find out  :eek

hope her husband don't find out either!!  :rollin :rollin
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 07 December 2018, 10:05:25 am »
Here is a good indication of how good ACF50 is. These are the ends of my mini scaffold tower I cleaned them up well over 2 years ago and on one stem I smeared ACF50 and I left the others. Can you spot the one that had the ACF50  :lol They are stored in a dry area and so are not subject to rain washing off any ACF50 but the area does get damp.

Hey! Surely that is not a wall at 'Sharp Manor' not exactly period is it, iron rubbed in mortar joints is modern, it became popular in the sixties,.
I was expecting lime mortar with pencil joints, big stone arches with massive key stone bricks, tiled Kneelers at the bases of all the gables.
Sharpie have you been bullshitting us as to your heritage.  :rolleyes
Oh! The AFC50 has done a great job of protecting the tower.  :thumbup
« Last Edit: 07 December 2018, 10:06:23 am by tommyardin »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 07 December 2018, 10:13:04 am »

Hey! Surely that is not a wall at 'Sharp Manor' not exactly period is it, iron rubbed in mortar joints is modern, it became popular in the sixties,.
I was expecting lime mortar with pencil joints, big stone arches with massive key stone bricks, tiled Kneelers at the bases of all the gables.
Its the storage mews - and they are metric bricks - you of all people should of spotted that one.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 07 December 2018, 12:11:02 pm »
Quote[/size]arranged a date for Friday night!! 1st time in 10 years!!

Me too. Hope the wife doesn't find out   

</blockquote>

hope her husband don't find out either!!   

He might hit you with his white stick  :)

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 07 December 2018, 06:22:17 pm »
Quotearranged a date for Friday night!! 1st time in 10 years!!

Me too. Hope the wife doesn't find out   

</blockquote>

hope her husband don't find out either!!   

He might hit you with his white stick  :)

Foccer must be blind

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 07 December 2018, 06:53:38 pm »

Its the storage mews - and they are metric bricks - you of all people should of spotted that one.

LOL!
You are having a laugh Sharpie.
Imperial brickwork was gauged at 4 courses to the foot including bedding mortar.
Metric brickwork is gauged at 4 courses to 300mm including bedding mortar.
Converting 1 metric foot (12 inches) to imperial measure = 304.8mm, now that equates to 1.2 mm tighter gauge on the metric brickwork against imperial brickwork per course laid.

Imperial brick = 8 5/8 inches X 2 5/8 inches, with a 3/8 joint on the bottom (Bed Joint) and one on end (Perp Joint) you have a laid brick inc mortar of 9" X 3"
Metric brick    = 215mm X 65mm with a 10mm joint on the bottom (As above) and one on one end (Ditto) you have a laid brick inc mortar of 75mm X 225mm.

Now I worked on the building sites for a good number of years, aged 16 started bricklaying apprenticeship and aged 68 retired from building, and I still needed a tape measure to tell the difference between 304.8 mm and 300mm.

Fuck I wish I was aristocracy with all the gifts and skills they are blessed with :fish
I love you really Sharpie :eek
« Last Edit: 07 December 2018, 06:58:00 pm by tommyardin »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 07 December 2018, 06:58:53 pm »
Lost me there.Is a metric brick smaller

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 07 December 2018, 07:02:50 pm »
Yeah Metric gauge is tighter than Imperial by 1.2mm per course of bricks, that is why building an extension on a imperial gauged house with metric bricks when they were the standard was a bastard as you either, lost gauge again the main house or you ended up with large bed joint to keep up. Seeing as you new brickwork bonded/tied into the original you ended up with large bed joints , of course on a complete new build it was not a problem.
« Last Edit: 07 December 2018, 07:04:44 pm by tommyardin »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 07 December 2018, 07:29:19 pm »
It's surprising how much the slightly deeper joints show up to the eye, particularly when that white cement is used to try to match in with lime mortar.
I'm guessing new imperial size bricks are more expensive?.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 07 December 2018, 08:03:01 pm »
Yeah Metric gauge is tighter than Imperial by 1.2mm per course of bricks, that is why building an extension on a imperial gauged house with metric bricks when they were the standard was a bastard as you either, lost gauge again the main house or you ended up with large bed joint to keep up. Seeing as you new brickwork bonded/tied into the original you ended up with large bed joints , of course on a complete new build it was not a problem.

On an old building with new brick extension and if you are not bonding/tieing in which forces you to keep up. Which looks uglier - deeper beds to try and keep up or mismatched brick to brick.   

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 07 December 2018, 09:40:23 pm »
Zzzzzzzzzzz  ;)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 07 December 2018, 09:42:03 pm »
Zzzzzzzzzzz  ;)
RUDE
If you are bored go and find some anti brexit propaganda cartoons to post on the brexit thread
« Last Edit: 07 December 2018, 09:44:06 pm by fazersharp »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 07 December 2018, 10:33:18 pm »

On an old building with new brick extension and if you are not bonding/tieing in which forces you to keep up. Which looks uglier - deeper beds to try and keep up or mismatched brick to brick.   

Miss-matched brick to brick looks worse. More obvious to the eye than deeper mortar beds I think.

It must be a cost saving thing to use metric bricks in such a situation. Some of the old types are probably only available via reclamation and there's company's making certain patterns in imperial size, but it's bound to be dearer isn't it.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 07 December 2018, 11:05:25 pm »

First pic below is of toothed out brickwork, it could be the main wall of a house you are building an extension on, so as you can see to tie the new brickwork into old you have no choice with metric bricks but to put a larger bed joint on each course to keep in step with the original
The other option which I think looks terrible is to use a stainless steel tie in system, one of the most popular is the crocodile system (see picture 2).
With the Crocodile system you either use bigger joint to keep with the original gauge or you lay the bricks to the metric gauge with normal sized joints, but you can see what happens in my roughed out 3 pic.  :'( [size=78%]  [/size]

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 07 December 2018, 11:20:48 pm »
RUDEIf you are bored go and find some anti brexit propaganda cartoons to post on the brexit thread

A joke, hence the wink.
Jeez you Leavers are so touchy at the moment....