Date: 28-03-24  Time: 14:17 pm

Author Topic: Bloody boiling  (Read 1360 times)

reaper1064

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Bloody boiling
« on: 03 February 2018, 10:07:12 am »
Sent for some lovely looking levers off ebay, cnc and made in the UK. The ad read that they were in stock and if not could be manufactured in two weeks, cool away goes my order. On the delivery day no levers so I contact the firm and ask if there is an issue. The reply was they have not yet made them, so I ask them why not as they have had a month from the order date to get them sorted and re read their ad back at them. This morning I get an email asking me to cancel my order. It's not like they don't do them any more as they are still advertising them I can only guess they threw the dummy out of the pram because I had the nerve to ask them what was going on. Rant over.

Jules-C

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Bloody boiling
« Reply #1 on: 03 February 2018, 10:20:11 am »
Rubbing salt in the wound asking you to cancel order if the can't/won't supply the order they should cancel it.

Nothing wrong with the Chinese levers a lot of people here have fitted them with no problems

reaper1064

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 February 2018, 10:25:47 am »
Think that's the way I will go, It's not like they even contacted me to inform me of any issues in timing, they just let it ride.

celticbiker

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 February 2018, 05:19:47 pm »
As you have paid for them and you're not in a hurry I'd leave the order in place and let them cancel it if they want to. then report them to eBay. You have done nothing wrong here.
As for Chinese levers, I've used them on other bikes and they've been better than the oem ones, in fact I've got some on the way for my fazer 8.
« Last Edit: 03 February 2018, 05:22:07 pm by celticbiker »
(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(x'.'x) bunny onto your page to help
(")-(") him gain world domination!

reaper1064

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 February 2018, 09:00:01 pm »
Cheers for that mate will hunt some down.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 February 2018, 09:41:35 pm »
This has happened to me twice on Ebay.

Once attempting to buy an indicator for my trail bike and the second time a fishing rod.

I was trying pay by cheque (they both stated that they accepted them), but they really don't want that form of payment.

They both tried to persuade me to make an alternative payment, then suggested I cancel the order!.

If they dont want cheques then don't say that's an acceptable form of payment.

Doh!