Date: 28-03-24  Time: 23:17 pm

Author Topic: Exhausts direct from china, what are your thoughts?  (Read 2338 times)

bingo600

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Exhausts direct from china, what are your thoughts?
« on: 03 February 2018, 12:23:05 am »

Ok lads.. I hope this isnt too controversial, i know what some people might feel about ordering parts from china. but here goes

After a conversation with a mate, I was gonna fork out the guts of £300 for an exhaust, but he advised me that half of these "cheaper" makes you find on the internet are all made in china anyway even some expensive brands are, and these can be bought from china directly, and a few guys he knows have bought them from china and they are just the same as what you might find on some websites of some generic brands but not upto the standard of high end brands but still very acceptable quality. he has an rsv1000 running one which is basically a fake akrapovic to be truthful

he gave me some links..

https://www.dhgate.com/store/20743586#st-navigation-storehome

https://www.dhgate.com/product/cbr400-cb400-vtec-vfr400-wrs-escapamento/405087333.html#mfavit-6-null

https://www.dhgate.com/product/motorcycle-exhaust-pipe-51-mm-inlet-tube/404013218.html#mfavit-3-null

https://www.dhgate.com/product/universal-motorcycle-exhaust-muffler-pipe/401820152.html

https://www.dhgate.com/product/universal-60-5-mm-sc-project-muffler-exhaust/406808446.html?recinfo=8,204,6#cppd-6-5|null:204:r2128586424

https://www.dhgate.com/product/universal-length-570mm-inlet-51mm-akrapovic/402690354.html#s1-19-1b;searl|0874226361

https://www.dhgate.com/store/product/high-quality-motorbike-accessories-carbon/402397922.html

i like this stubby one myself
https://www.dhgate.com/product/tkosm-51mm-akrapovic-motorcycle-exhaust-pipe/401940480.html#mfavit-2-null

So any of you guys done anything like this?
« Last Edit: 03 February 2018, 12:26:44 am by bingo600 »

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Exhausts direct from china, what are your thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: 03 February 2018, 08:45:04 am »
All good and well if it arrives in good nick, fits okay, and works fine to the point that you're happy enough with it.

If not, good luck with the correspondence trying to explain that you need a replacement, refund, etc, then have to pay the return post charges which will cost quite a bit extra for proof of delivery, then play the guessing game when or even if you get it replaced or refunded.
Weeks/months later if nothing has shown up i can only imagine what would happen if you attempted to phone them, and even if they spoke reasonable English what if they turn round and say they never received the returned goods regardless of proof of postage?

Apart from all that, i can't see any problems at all.  :lol
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Trebus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 February 2018, 09:55:34 am »
I’ve bought a few bits and pieces from China, albeit not exhausts, and never had a problem. That said, there is obviously some risk with more expensive items if it’s not as described or a bad fit. Remember you may have to pay import duty too depending on the commercial declarations and value.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 February 2018, 10:49:35 am »
If ive read that right the stubby one you like is us$50 delivered....at that price, imo, thats well worth a punt.......its even got me interested,

I wait to be corrected on the price , go see you mates one and then rush home and order it   :thumbup
One, is never going to be enough.....

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 February 2018, 12:42:58 pm »
I'd personally buy one via eBay, that way at least your afforded some kind of protection if it doesn't show up. You can still get them on there for a similar price. You may even find some that are dispatched from UK warehouses

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 February 2018, 04:06:48 pm »
Don't forget about the link pipe either, they're not all standard sizes with aftermarket cans.

celticbiker

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 February 2018, 05:12:08 pm »
Bugger, I hate click bait. £140 I spent on there.
Anyway, as for your question,  exhausts are funny things and on modern bikes back pressure and pipe length is extremely important. If i remove my db killer I lose a ton of torque low down but gain a lot above 7k.
The question I would ask is how much time, effort, money and testing do you think they have invested in these pipes in order for them to work properly on your bike.
From what I can see the silencers are generic and sold for many makes and models. The titanium ones are pretty though and I guess they're cheap enough to take a punt.
(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(x'.'x) bunny onto your page to help
(")-(") him gain world domination!

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03 February 2018, 05:21:36 pm »
Anyway, as for your question,  exhausts are funny things and on modern bikes back pressure and pipe length is extremely important. If i remove my db killer I lose a ton of torque low down but gain a lot above 7k.
The question I would ask is how much time, effort, money and testing do you think they have invested in these pipes in order for them to work properly on your bike.
From what I can see the silencers are generic and sold for many makes and models. The titanium ones are pretty though and I guess they're cheap enough to take a punt.

I tried my Moto GP can without the baffle in a while back, apart from being stupidly loud like you say the back pressure was noticeably lost and it didn't run well at all.
Whether another carb balance would've helped, i don't know, but the noise would made me crazy anyway and attracted too much attention.
I don't wanna be known as "that noisy bastard".
These cans in the above links are very stubby so i can only imagine they'll be noisy as fuck. Not so bad riding about on short journeys, but once you open the bike up, or get on a motorway then the noise novelty wears off sooner rather than later.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03 February 2018, 05:55:39 pm »

The torque difference is only relative to the size of the bore, removing the baffle makes a bigger hole thus letting out more air and affecting the way your bike runs. Doesn't matter which brand of exhaust you use, it'd be the same with any of them.

I think people get hung up on brands. I've had most of them from akraprovic all the way down to delkavic and even unbranded cheaper ones, they are all essentially the same and any bike will run optimally once tuned to the exhaust on it. All these ones that advertise power gains don't mention that you need to tune the bike to get them.

As for them not doing any design/research etc that's because the Chinese just copy everything. Same reason they are cheap, they don't have to put any money into R&D. They just work off someone else's blueprints.

If your only riding on the road then any of these exhaust will be fine and next to nobody will know it's a 'fake' so your street cred will remain intact haha

bingo600

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05 February 2018, 01:25:04 am »

Regarding the points made about it possibly not turning up or having a problem.. I have read that the DHGate aftersales support is very much on the side of the buyer and especially if the item is fake the seller doesnt have a leg to stand on.

Also.. the money is held by DHgate for 30 days until after delivery is accepted.. so obviously if i dont get the item i wont click that i have received delivery.

and the majority of the sellers i have looked have also positive feedback so i dont doubt that i would get the product

There is also a forum for Dhgate

watch this space :)

bingo600

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05 February 2018, 01:27:08 am »

I also ordered a pair of Ugly Brothers Motorpool protected motorcycle jeans, i messaged the seller who has lots of positive feedback

He stated that they are from the same factory where ugly brothers have them made in China. which would mean theyre grey market

https://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/search.do?act=search&sus=&searchkey=motorpool&catalog=#Homesearch201403

there also a bunch of stuff like alpinestars gear etc even some Ruby and Simpson helmets, but i dont think i would wear a fake helmet in a hurry, but.. i guess a lot of helmets are made in China, so i guess theyre made just in the same way others are
« Last Edit: 05 February 2018, 01:31:38 am by bingo600 »