Date: 29-03-24  Time: 05:04 am

Author Topic: braided brake lines  (Read 6408 times)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: braided brake lines
« Reply #25 on: 01 February 2018, 08:04:25 pm »
Replaced my front a few years ago with HEL two lines direct with a longer double banjo which got rid of a few ounces of weight which was the splitter which is an ugly looking steel bar. 
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 01 February 2018, 11:40:44 pm »
+1 for venhill
Racers use 2 lines as the ACU Governing Body banned cross over lines as tyre or mudguard failure could and has severed the cross over line causing crashes.
Sorry to be a nerd. You can use a splitter on a race bike under ACU regs, as long as the splitter is not lower than the bottom yoke.
Ruby Racing we are nerds together
14.22 BRAKES For machines fitted with two front disc brakes, a split of the front brake lines for both front brake calipers must be made at or above the lower fork yoke

there are some bikes with the splitter underneath the lower yoke so its prob just a 'do em all' solution

LOL. We certainly are. However you have the edge. I nearly searched for the relevant clause in the ACU handbook, but didn't. You however........................ :lol :lol :lol :lol

Happy to be put right with this one! For any interested parties you can download the ACU handbook here-

https://www.acu.org.uk/Uploaded/1/Documents/2018%20Handbook/ACU%20HANDBOOK_2018_lo.pdf
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

Disorderlypunk

• WSB Pack Hound
  • riding till i die (or breakdown)
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - fazer stolen - gsx1100 rebuild
    • View Profile
    • disorderly punks motovlog
« Reply #27 on: 02 February 2018, 01:48:18 am »
i will say also check the Race organisers (pdmcc for example) rules aswell as for some unknown reason some tracks/clubs have rules that are not in the ACU handbook (it sounds nuts i know but thats racing)
if you think the ACU handbook is too big to read what ever you do dont get into rallying the MSA is larger and much harder to read

Disorderlypunk

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 06 February 2018, 04:33:24 pm »
what a pain in the arse that was
if i did it the old fashioned way i would have been fine but decided to use my old 'one man bleed system'
after a lot of messing around and nothing going to plan i found out it was broken doing it the old fashioned way it went great
 - will invest in one of those vacuum systems at some point

matt7chunk

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Xj900f 1993
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 06 February 2018, 09:37:27 pm »
Lol I just fitted mine yesterday but gave up on bleeding the fronts , the rear went well and bleed easily but no joy on front , vacuum pump in the post now , sorry punk totally forgot to measure the standard lines

Disorderlypunk

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 07 February 2018, 12:23:47 am »
no worries mate i forgot to measure mine aswell and what a ball ache -i made my own vacuum pump in a way that i dont show in the video because it is just unsafe for human consumption (i cant describe how without opening up to rude jokes) - mine actually seem a bit long to be honest but if i do a front end swap it might be to my advantage
https://youtu.be/p2fBH8BaOnw (if i just posted this then it might not be online)

Disorderlypunk

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 07 February 2018, 12:52:52 am »
damn i forgot to use the monty python splitter scene

matt7chunk

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Xj900f 1993
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 07 February 2018, 07:21:34 am »
Nice video mate , I wanted to film my install bit I'm in a shed  with limited space lol the last thing people want to see is me trying to squeeze round the bike and super close ups of fairing , it hard enough in there without my helmet on lol , must get the missus her own motorcycle shed haha