Date: 29-03-24  Time: 11:23 am

Author Topic: Original Yamaha Key.  (Read 963 times)

Decoke Dave

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Original Yamaha Key.
« on: 30 January 2018, 07:20:13 pm »
Wanted, original Yamaha key No A7338 with tag or even just the tag.
If at first you don't succeed, pull your foreskin ower yer heid!

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
Re: Original Yamaha Key.
« Reply #1 on: 30 January 2018, 09:55:49 pm »
If you give the Yamaha Key Tag  number to any of the bigger Locksmiths they should be able to cut one for you.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 January 2018, 11:00:39 pm »
If you give the Yamaha Key Tag  number to any of the bigger Locksmiths they should be able to cut one for you.

Same as that.
I gave the 'A' number from my tag to an internet key cutter and a short while later received 2 keys delivered to my in-laws home by post 4 days later that fitted perfectly.
The reason for having them delivered to a different address than mine is that no one will know where my Yamaha is especially if they have the ignition key number therefore access to a key.
Call me paranoid, but there are a lot of bike nicked that are chained up and secured without letting someone know where you bike is while they have access to the keys, if you going to do that it is much the same as leaving the keys in the ignition.

Wharfe

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 January 2018, 05:55:37 pm »
Tommy I share your paranoia - some years ago bought (mail order) a big Foc-off lock and chain, and needed to speak to the guy selling it. What a cheery chatty soul he was, wanted to know all about what I rode etc etc, how I was going to use the lock (as in where was the bike kept?) and finally what was my address for delivery? sudden concern about where this was going  - visions of it arriving closely followed by a guy with a spare key and a van....I had it sent to my work address. And paid paypal.
Paranoid? Maybe. Held on to the bike though. For the same reason I don't have one of those "Think Bike" stickers in me car window for people to see when it's parked in my drive.  ("Think Bike" as in "Think what he's got in his garage".)