Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > Fazer 1000/FZ1 corner

Not So Flash Tune

(1/3) > >>

Kang:
Purchased an 08 Fz1 with a flash-tune kit installed.

I go to use the kit only for their software to tell me the usb cable that connects the laptop to the bike harness is registered to the previous owners email address. I contact them only for them to ask me to get the previous owner email address and password >:. I then enquire about a new usb cable only to be told it will cost me $380. Needles to say I am stuck with the thing.

Just beware if your buying a 2nd hand kit or bike with a Flash-tune kit installed.

PieEater:
Could you not contact the seller to ask them for the password or to reset the password and let you know what it is. Theoretically you are just using their email address as a username.

Kang:
No joy out of the FT. Tried all avenues with them. I was stunned with the price of a new cable, its basically the same as a new kit.
Don't want to be asking seller for details like that it requires his email address to use it.

PieEater:

--- Quote from: Kang on 19 January 2018, 10:22:04 am ---No joy out of the FT. Tried all avenues with them. I was stunned with the price of a new cable, its basically the same as a new kit.
Don't want to be asking seller for details like that it requires his email address to use it.

--- End quote ---

They are charging you the cost of a new kit to register a different email address for the existing kit, it's pretty shoddy practice but it makes good business sense.

I don't think the seller will have a problem letting you have his email address, it's not like you can do anything with it other than send him an email and use it to access the Flashtune software.

Hugh Mungus:
Or. .. See if the seller can register a change of email address to yours.

I contacted the previous owner of my current bike and he was quite happy to supply information and I even bought a few spare parts from him.

Get in touch. The worst that can happen is he will say no.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version