Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > Fazer 1000/FZ1 corner

Exup - stainless bolt set?

(1/4) > >>

kebab19:
Hello!
Back after nearly 5 years with a 2002 silver which had stood for nearly 11 years.  Usual faults from long term storage - 7k speedo error and a fuel petcock which continues gush out petrol even in the off position  :lol

Anyway, just managed to get the exup out without breaking off the bolts in situ  :) , but I was wondering:
There used to be someone on here (or the old site) who sold a replacement exup stainless steel bolt set (I know because I bought a set back around 2010).  Does he still sell them, or anyone else for that matter?
Or am I going to have to stick these rusted relics back on again once the copper grease has been slathered  :\

robbo:
Not sure if anyone does the dedicated kits any more. However a trip down to Screwfix/Toolstation should get you sorted. The exup cover takes M6 x 10 mm (3 of) the valve takes M6 x 16mm (3 of). The pulley centre is an M5 x 12 mm. The ones on the bush cover on the right hand side of the bike are M4 x 6mm.
Hope this helps.

PieEater:
Believe it was Ghostbiker that had the kits put together and I think I had the last one from him. Not seen him on the forum for a while but you can put yourself a kit together from the info that robbo gave.

Andy W:
Buy them from a chandlery - you can buy individual loose hex bolts, regular bolts, nuts, washers, dome nuts, Stainless Steel, BZP, Japanned........whatever your heart desires........& cheaper too!  :D

robbo:
Chandlers. Good idea, if there's one local. Not much call for boating stuff where I live in S.London,however plenty of Screwfix depots. Would have suggested Custom Fasteners but their p&p is ridiculous.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version