Date: 18-04-24  Time: 20:05 pm

Author Topic: Gender fluid...!  (Read 25730 times)

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
Re: Gender fluid...!
« Reply #25 on: 18 January 2018, 10:05:36 am »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 18 January 2018, 11:43:55 am »
People who are gender fluid are not gay, they were born in the wrong body. Their genitals indicate one sex, while their mind may indicate another. It really really is none of our business.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 18 January 2018, 12:54:02 pm »
People who are gender fluid are not gay, they were born in the wrong body. Their genitals indicate one sex, while their mind may indicate another. It really really is none of our business.

Another example of word twisting. How on earth can you be born in the "wrong body"?

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 18 January 2018, 01:06:52 pm »
As a young man at the time of the 67 Act, with a keen interest in politics and economics at the time, I can tell you that it wasn't popular opinion that led to the Act.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 18 January 2018, 01:33:16 pm »
Let me guess....was it because they had already outlawed the Witch Finder General about 400 years previously and suddenly realised this law belonged back in medieval times also?.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 18 January 2018, 02:28:20 pm »
Let me guess....was it because they had already outlawed the Witch Finder General about 400 years previously and suddenly realised this law belonged back in medieval times also?.

:lol

More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Flooky

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 18 January 2018, 02:43:51 pm »

Its true it is non of our business, unless we have to pay for it, special toilets in school, gender neutral police uniforms and the head doctors needed when this lot are 40 and realise the world don't revolve around them.
And I object to being told I have to fit in with this, when you fill in a gov form now the list of choices is mindblowing.
Interestingly it doesn't seem to be a problem in countries where they are too busy working to feed themselves.
I would like to point out I have not mentioned gay people in any of this.
Its just the don't knows !!

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 18 January 2018, 06:08:01 pm »
Well I pay for lots of things I don't necessarily agree with. That's the price of being part of a society.

As to being born in the wrong body, I think many of us agree that women have very different minds to men, and it's not just about missing a dick  ;)

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 18 January 2018, 06:21:15 pm »

Simply pointing out that the majority of ordinary working people felt great unease, and that it may lead to further relaxations in legislation, including reducing the age of consent down as far as 16 years of age

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 18 January 2018, 08:09:16 pm »

It was the same with the gay community 51% of the population said it's OK so you don't have
As a young man at the time of the 67 Act, with a keen interest in politics and economics at the time, I can tell you that it wasn't popular opinion that led to the Act.to go to jail anymore.

I’m a bit at a loss that Tommy seems to think the UK is run by referendum, and not as it had been for quite some time a representative democracy.  Representative democracies still have to take note of public opinion but do not necessarily have to abide by popular public opinion.  And representative democracy is far far better then relying on referendums to make policy decisions.

So as Agricola points out the 1967 act in England and Wales had foc all to do with public opinion.  Indeed, far far from it.

You can of course dig out all sorts of statics over the years on gay rights, and even today the ignorant views as displayed here by you Tommy are not that uncommon (though that will change steadily with time as the older generations die off).

But for example, one stat from a poll is that in 1975 16% supported gay marriage.  By 2014 that figure had risen to just short of 69%.   https://yougov.co.uk/news/2013/05/20/voters-back-same-sex-marriage/

Also the 1967 act may have decriminalised homosexual activity between men but it sure didn’t end discrimination, and if you were gay you still needed to keep a very low profile.  In the four years after 1967, for example, convictions for consensual gay offences rose by almost 400%

Do you think its OK then men in leadership in the churches being married to each other, I don't, I believe that people in authority have a responsibility to those that they are meant to be serving, but you seem to think its OK, now my opinion is different to yours yet again but Hey Ho! you are entitled to your opinion, but it would appear that I am not, according to the rule of Mr fucking VNA

I’m an atheist.  My thoughts are, that for now, that employers such as churches have been given breathing space to adapt, to sort their house out, not just by the law but by the general public.  But they know, and we know that at some point they have to comply with the law.  I do not believe that either their congregations or the public at large will accept that the bigots in the religious hierarchy are to be afforded some special right to discriminate and operate outside of the law of the land.

Are you saying we have no choice in any of the things that we do or become?

Perhaps this is the root of your problem Tommy. Why don’t you run a foc u poll on that?  I’m not sure what the result would be, but it would be interesting.  I suspect that those who believe that sexuality is simply a choice are very much in the minority, and further suspect that many such people are religious individuals in denial of their true sexuality.  A large percentage of homophobic people, and often those who vehemently oppose gay rights are actually gay.  They are gays in denial.

As for choice, how many times have we heard gay folks saying, particularly when growing up, that they would have given anything to have been born straight.  It can’t be easy being gay particulary when you have to constantly face such ignorant prejudice as displayed by people such as yourself Tommy.

the most loving and sensitive of these dear folk were the people who had Down Syndrome.

One could argue that just as being gay is not ‘normal’ nor is down syndrome, nor is it ‘natural’ or the way we are supposed to be “designed” (whatever) that is supposed to mean but it does, just like being gay, naturally occur. 

Who the fuck told you that, most people don’t even want to think about dying let alone plan it in advance, as you seem to indicate. Life is precious and people generally want to live as long as possible, sure there are a minority that advocate euthanasia for themselves, but most are advocates for it to be used on others.

Survey after survey and poll after poll.  Sometimes I wonder if you were born yesterday Tommy.  But you know most of us get to a certain age, and well develop a certain understanding of illness and death.  A lot of us see people suffer long lingering deaths – ie a good bit before it becomes our turn.  Right now I have a relative who’s developed motor neuron disease in the last couple of years.  He’s quite advanced now – where he is now, if there was a way out, an opportunity to take his own life he’d jump at it.  I, like the majority in this country, would, if in a similar predicament like that opportunity too. 

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 18 January 2018, 08:13:07 pm »
Typo?😉

Sorry  :o

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 18 January 2018, 08:44:38 pm »
Typo?😉

Sorry  :o

No worries.

I know someone that's got Motor Neuron disease. He first had cancer, just got over that, then developed the other thing.

Such a nice guy. It's heart breaking to see it. He was really active and just approaching retirement. All those plans are of nothing now.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 18 January 2018, 09:13:12 pm »
I’m a bit at a loss that Tommy seems to think the UK is run by referendum, and not as it had been for quite some time a representative democracy.  Representative democracies still have to take note of public opinion but do not necessarily have to abide by popular public opinion.  And representative democracy is far far better then relying on referendums to make policy decisions.
The government seems hell bent on everyone being fitted with smart meters instead of that I actually think that we all need a smart voting console and get a vote on absolutely everything. 
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #38 on: 18 January 2018, 09:39:14 pm »
Well, what a surprise, a whole lot of posts from a bunch of armchair "experts" who think that what they were told when they were growing up is "normal" and anything else means you're wrong, mentally ill or just deluded.

Fuck it. I was going to write a long post here, but I see *NO* point in trying to deal with this sort of closed-minded bigotry.

Here's some reading for you, although I doubt you'll pay any attention to it...

https://transwhat.org/confused/
https://transwhat.org/debunked/
https://www.genderspectrum.org/quick-links/understanding-gender/
https://www.theguardian.com/education/2017/jun/27/half-of-trans-pupils-in-the-uk-tried-to-take-their-own-lives-survey-finds
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/dr-helen-webberley/gender-are-we-born-or-made_b_10380974.html

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 18 January 2018, 10:14:00 pm »
Here’s an interesting one brought to my attention the other day that’s in The Bible apparently.
I doubt it’s mentioned too much in church though, probably due to the massive hypocrisy.

Look up LEVITICUS 20:13

Flooky

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 18 January 2018, 10:34:19 pm »

Glad I started that then, :'(

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 18 January 2018, 10:40:59 pm »

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 18 January 2018, 10:52:10 pm »

Naw naw naw, that's only if you are jewish.

You see for Christians they are no longer under the law, as God, the all knowing God, creator of everything told man, whoops I got some stuff wrong, sent his son doon there, got him crucified and got man to write a new bit of the bible called The New Testament. 
But yeah the good old book, well there’s plenty of pretty extreme nasty stuff in there.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 18 January 2018, 10:57:28 pm »

Naw naw naw, that's only if you are jewish.

You see for Christians they are no longer under the law, as God, the all knowing God, creator of everything told man, whoops I got some stuff wrong, sent his son doon there, got him crucified and got man to write a new bit of the bible called The New Testament. 
But yeah the good old book, well there’s plenty of pretty extreme nasty stuff in there.

In full honesty it's all new to me anyway.
Although i was Christened i soon saw through all the bullshit and won't have anything to do with any religion whatsoever.
I don't get it, and i don't want to get it either.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 18 January 2018, 11:13:19 pm »
  Strangely I was never Christened, my mother told me that by that time with three kids she just didn’t quite get round to it.  Anyway was raised a protestant - Church of Scotland.  My undoing was actually reading the bible from beginning to end.   Finished it, and well I guess I became agnostic, only eventually I realised I wasn’t too sure about that either, so now an atheist.  When you are raised in, indoctrinated, it takes time to work it out of your system anyway. 

Nemesis

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 19 January 2018, 12:00:23 am »
OH my heed :rollin, lets concentrate on the light fitting thread :lol

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 19 January 2018, 12:29:14 am »
Leviticus 20.13 Jesus Christ! Next you'll be telling me that woman was created from Adam's spare rib. Now that is gender fluid  :lol

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 19 January 2018, 12:56:36 am »
Lots of things are fluid, alcohol is fluid, so is blood, time and money and facts, so why not gender?
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 19 January 2018, 02:57:32 am »
Lots of things are fluid, alcohol is fluid, so is blood, time and money and facts, so why not gender?

Doubt you'll ever hear anyone asking for a pint of Gender down the local tonight.  :lol

Hugh Mungus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 19 January 2018, 05:44:03 am »
    My undoing was actually reading the bible from beginning to end.   Finished it, and well I guess I became agnostic, only eventually I realised I wasn’t too sure about that either, so now an atheist.  When you are raised in, indoctrinated, it takes time to work it out of your system anyway.

Similar story to me. I was raised CoE, which was mainly through school - Everything was religion orientated.
I read the "Good Book" all the way through. It is a great book, very interesting to read. I think that many more people should read it all the way through instead of hearing the 'soundbites' that is spouted at certain times of the year.
I became an unbeliever - I think I already didn't believe and I just used the bible as an excuse to define it. I don't use the term Atheist as my understanding of the word (more than likely wrong as I haven't looked it up in a dictionary) is Anti-Theist and it is still referring to religion by the use of the word Theist.
I am not religious and I don't care what anyone else believes as that is up to them and not me. I do expect the same courtesy in return.

As for Gender Fluid... I don't really understand it. I understand the term and I can understand the reasons why someone may be unsure but deep down I do not understand it and I don't think anyone could possibly explain it either.