Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > Fazer 1000/FZ1 corner

Winter maintenance time

(1/8) > >>

Mustang:
Decided it starts today , list of jobs: remove AIS, check valve clearances, remove carbs and airbox, remove exhaust and paint engine, replace carb to head rubbers, balance carbs.

So far I've followed the guides on pats page, dropped the coolant - it was just rusty water no antifreeze, removed the AIS and tapped the exhaust ports. That was a pig of a job with such restricted space, I feared my tap was going to snap but I managed it in the end and cut down some M8 cap screws to 10mm to go in.

Front of the engine is filthy so I'm soaking the exhaust nuts overnight as they will have to come off for access.

Does anyone have a blanking cap for the airbox I could buy?

Falcon 269:
Look around the larder and the fridge.  There's sure to be a bottle cap or similar that will fit.  A dab of silicon and job's a good 'un. :)

Trebus:
Reading this made me think back to what I’d used. Last night I couldn’t for the life of me recall even though it was only a few months ago! But I now do; a walking stick rubber! It fit an absolute treat and almost looks OEM.

tommyardin:

--- Quote from: Trebus on 10 January 2018, 08:18:26 am ---Reading this made me think back to what I’d used. Last night I couldn’t for the life of me recall even though it was only a few months ago! But I now do; a walking stick rubber! It fit an absolute treat and almost looks OEM.

--- End quote ---

You go steady when you go out walking now you old bugger with the tip missing off your walking stick :lol
Mind you it is better its only the tip of your walking stick that's missing :eek

Mustang:
Got the cam over off and greeted by the horrors around the bottom of the water pipes, grit and mess. Managed to pick out as much crap as I could before leaving it to dry, see if I can vacuum out the rest. I've bought some new o rings for the seals on them, does anyone take these out for cleaning, painting , etc?

Also had to shell out for a new cam over gasket as Yamaha make the spark plug seals one piece with the cover, that's a rip off.

Just started the valve clearance check, done no 1 cylinder, will post up readings for comment later.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version