Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > FZS600 Fazer

Over fueling "pop pop pop"

(1/6) > >>

motodevcam:
Hi All,

After a group ride this afternoon, guys behind me all said the fazer is overfueling. Said they could smell it strongly and of course bike is really poppy on deceleration. K and N filter, Micron full system. (See pic) Recent carb balance.

Not sure if a previous owner has been fannying about with the mixture or wether just dirty carb issuses. Bike was sat for a couple of years until I bought it last year. Plan to remove the carbs, strip and clean in the next few weeks anyway. I did wonder if it was just symptomatic of the full micron system on there?

Any musings would be appreciated!

Cheers

Disorderlypunk:
as your going in there then just wait and check everything
standard jets are 115 across the board
if its over fueling then my first guess would be float heights which is enough to check with a piece of pipe and a small ruler
i think is about 4.5mm above carb bowl lip (pre 2000) and 3.5mm (2000 onwards)

get yourself some m4 10mm (i think) full thread cap screws you will want 16 of them and you can replace the shitty screws that hold the bowls to the carbs - for a couple of quid its better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them and it makes life so much easier in the future

motodevcam:
That's great :) thank you for the advice :) eqger to gdt in there and sort it!!

ponkster:
Personally if the only problem is popping on over run and the bike is running well I would live it alone.

In my opinion many fazer riders have never cracked open the carbs and unless you have evidence to the contrary I would doubt anyone has changed the jets.

The nose of someone riding behind you is not a good measure of a bikes fuelling - a better measure would be the condition of the plugs and if the bike is running crap !

Aftermarket pipes  often cause bikes to pop on over run , this can be exacerbated by air leaks in the exhaust system.

Feel free to tell me I'm talking shite and totally disregard my advice .

BBROWN1664:
:agree

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version