Date: 29-03-24  Time: 11:07 am

Author Topic: Undertray  (Read 1625 times)

reaper1064

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Undertray
« on: 06 January 2018, 08:51:33 pm »
Hi anyone ever done one of these, if so how straight forwards was it. Cheers.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Undertray
« Reply #1 on: 06 January 2018, 09:39:08 pm »
I looked into one of these and realised that you don't actually see it after its done - remember that you will have a big numberplate blocking most of that view.And no indacators fitted. You just wont see it after all the stuff for the road has been fitted- its not like we have a skinny stick up in the air back end. also that picture has no mudguard but has a hugger mine has a mudguard AND a hugger AND I don't do wet and yet my undertray still gets crap on it
And then the tray is black so you can not see it -- if I had a bike with a stick up arse I might get a white undertray - so long as it matched the bike
I just opted to lift up the numberplate and remove the grab rails like this
« Last Edit: 06 January 2018, 09:40:37 pm by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Disorderlypunk

• WSB Pack Hound
  • riding till i die (or breakdown)
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - fazer stolen - gsx1100 rebuild
    • View Profile
    • disorderly punks motovlog
« Reply #2 on: 06 January 2018, 09:55:24 pm »
i did pretty much the same as fazersharp after seeing his picture
the only difference is i took a jigsaw to my numberplate and trimmed it down a little so i could lift it even higher (could buy a smaller one but wanted legal letter size)
i trimmed the plate so at some point i can put some smaller led indicators on, i just need to find out which adaptors i need or figure a way to make some

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 January 2018, 10:13:34 pm »
J&S sell a Motrax combined adjustable numberplate/ indicator mount. Got one on my thou. Indicators can be adjusted widthways as well as how far up the plate you want them. My undertray is made by Ermax, don't know if they do a 600 one or not though. A jack up kit(dog bones) would show the back end off more as well as quicken the steering. Just a thought. :)
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

Jules-C

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 January 2018, 11:21:28 pm »
But you lose the rear reflector which is an MOT fail. So you got to find a way of getting a reflector fitted or have silly little ones that don't really do anything stuck on number plate

Disorderlypunk

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 January 2018, 11:25:16 pm »
holy crap i forgot about them little brackets i could use for the indicators then i only need to fill the holes

yes there is the reflector bollocks but them little stick on ones will do for the half hour it takes to do an mot
been using them on the chops for years and take them off straight after
on one of the bikes i had a legal plate with a reflector that only ever went on for mot's then replaced with the black one as i left
(once i just showed him it and he passed it lol)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 January 2018, 07:53:02 pm »
Yes moving it up covers the reflector, I do actually have one fitted but it is not shown in the picture it is one of these  https://www.mandp.co.uk/reflector-30x84mm-rectangular-bolt-on.html and sits tight up against the bottom of the plate in the middle and is held in place whit a short bracket. Its bolted to the bracket with its own inbuilt bolt and one hole in the mudguard behind the plate.
when I moved up the plate I then cut off the bottom of the guard flush with the plate I used the same holes in the guard to mount the plate and brought a new plate and drilled new holes in the correct place to match       
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

reaper1064

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 January 2018, 03:51:12 pm »
Cheers guys given me a few ideas and saved me some money.  :D

Disorderlypunk

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 January 2018, 04:50:28 pm »
Yes moving it up covers the reflector, I do actually have one fitted but it is not shown in the picture it is one of these  https://www.mandp.co.uk/reflector-30x84mm-rectangular-bolt-on.html and sits tight up against the bottom of the plate in the middle and is held in place whit a short bracket. Its bolted to the bracket with its own inbuilt bolt and one hole in the mudguard behind the plate.
when I moved up the plate I then cut off the bottom of the guard flush with the plate I used the same holes in the guard to mount the plate and brought a new plate and drilled new holes in the correct place to match       
could even just use the oem one under the plate - wonder if my original is still in my parts bin