Date: 18-04-24  Time: 16:25 pm

Author Topic: Focer font of knowledge AV experts  (Read 15147 times)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Focer font of knowledge AV experts
« Reply #75 on: 08 January 2018, 01:33:27 pm »
The one that gets anything is PS2 yellow into the TV 3.5 jack white but with the jack fully in - the picture is scrambled   
The only way I get a proper vid signal is PS2 yellow plugged into the TVs 3.5 jack white BUT with the jack plug pulled out by one section as in this picture
« Last Edit: 08 January 2018, 01:34:06 pm by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 08 January 2018, 02:14:41 pm »
Here is some comparison pictures of a standard straight and 90 degree and the one I am actually using and still hits the tv mount I have plugged them into adapters to reproduce them being plugged into to tv socket so you can see side by side.
Yes shortest is the 90 degree but the one I am using is the middle one and I have paired back as much plastic as I dare down to the red mark and as that you can see that it is a lot shorter than a 90 degree adapter. Also the 90 degree adapter has quite a big and solid square block and the one I have paired down is to a thin point

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #79 on: 08 January 2018, 02:21:54 pm »
The final solution then will be to get a new tv bracket that gives more space for cables behind the TV :pokefun

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 08 January 2018, 04:29:20 pm »
The final solution then will be to get a new tv bracket that gives more space for cables behind the TV :pokefun

Or a new tele and PS4 and HDMI cable.

Its amazing how some threads run and run.
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

stet

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 09 January 2018, 01:08:15 pm »
The one that gets anything is PS2 yellow into the TV 3.5 jack white but with the jack fully in - the picture is scrambled   
The only way I get a proper vid signal is PS2 yellow plugged into the TVs 3.5 jack white BUT with the jack plug pulled out by one section as in this picture

OK. I am now pretty sure that the jack plug, that fits into the AV3 socket on the TV, is not going in far enough (for whatever reason).

It it possible to remove some material carefully from the jack plug and possibly from the surface of the jack socket on the TV so that the jack plug goes in further.

stet

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 09 January 2018, 01:11:05 pm »

A composite video cable with a longer jack may do the job. Like this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Extra-Long-3-5mm-4-Pole-Headphone-Jack-Plug-to-3-RCA-Female-AV-Video-Cable-Lead-/171643411892

(I know you also found a cable with a long jack plug, but I think that was for component video)
« Last Edit: 09 January 2018, 01:56:32 pm by stet »

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 09 January 2018, 01:55:08 pm »

OK. I am now pretty sure that the jack plug, that fits into the AV3 socket on the TV, is not going in far enough (for whatever reason).

It it possible to remove some material carefully from the jack plug and possibly from the surface of the jack socket on the TV so that the jack plug goes in further.

You’re missing his point, the way his connector is wired is not the same as the PS2, so by pulling the jack out by one section will make it work......sort of.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

stet

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 09 January 2018, 02:03:48 pm »

You’re missing his point, the way his connector is wired is not the same as the PS2, so by pulling the jack out by one section will make it work......sort of.

I am not missing any point. I am quite aware that the colour of the connections between the PS2 and the TV might be a different order, as you have stated on a number of occasions and as I have tried to resolve by requesting various tests.

But the point that you seem to miss is that, the evidence indicates that the four contacts on the jack plug are not making proper contact with all four contacts on the TV jack socket. That, I think is the fundamental issue. 
« Last Edit: 09 January 2018, 02:17:34 pm by stet »

stet

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 09 January 2018, 02:07:01 pm »

Yes, I think that supports the contacts not lining up theory. Did you see my post #82, about the composite cable with the longer jack?

By the way, for the image to be correct two connections must be correct: 'Composite Video' and 'Screen'.
« Last Edit: 09 January 2018, 02:14:17 pm by stet »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 09 January 2018, 02:21:38 pm »

Ok the yellow from the ps2 only gets any vid when connected to the white on the tv side BUT the resulting picture is all broken up NOTE I can push the jack all the way in but when I do the result is broken picture and a loud buz from both speakers.

The photo of the party inserted plug is showing the plug when I have pulled it out and not the fact that it wont go in any further.
I only get a good picture when the plug is pulled out to that position BUT only sound through the right speaker

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #87 on: 09 January 2018, 03:01:46 pm »
Looks to me like the TV needs a manufacturer specific cable. Probably cheaper and easier to fit a block of wood behind the tv to give you the space you need or get a new bracket that is slightly further off the wall.

stet

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 09 January 2018, 03:24:43 pm »

Ok the yellow from the ps2 only gets any vid when connected to the white on the tv side BUT the resulting picture is all broken up NOTE I can push the jack all the way in but when I do the result is broken picture and a loud buz from both speakers.

The photo of the party inserted plug is showing the plug when I have pulled it out and not the fact that it wont go in any further.
I only get a good picture when the plug is pulled out to that position BUT only sound through the right speaker

That figures. The video connections might be using one of the audio lines (L or R) as screen (ground) connection. To video, (high frequency) the audio channels (low frequency) could act as a ground, sort of.

A rolling distorted picture could indicate a correct  video connection but no screen connection of any sort.
« Last Edit: 09 January 2018, 03:33:02 pm by stet »

stet

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 09 January 2018, 03:29:14 pm »
89 posts with this one  :eek

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 09 January 2018, 04:34:15 pm »
I am not using oem LG ones  and there are "official" LG ones on ebay -etc but the post sections look the same so it must be the ground position along the posts that I am using is different to the lg one. The official lg ones it seems should of been supplied with the tv including a component to 3.5 jack. I have a big box of leads and connectors but not any that supposed to come with the tv. I will get up into Sharp Halls loft and check if they are still sitting in any of the tv/blueray boxes.   

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 09 January 2018, 06:00:09 pm »
OH MY GOD
look what I have just found in the attic
« Last Edit: 09 January 2018, 06:20:29 pm by fazersharp »

stet

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 09 January 2018, 07:18:45 pm »
In case you don't know:

The cable on the left is for component video (to connect to the jack socket to the right of the TV AV3 jack socket)

The cable in the middle is for use with component video to give L and R audio (to connect to the AV3 jack socket on the TV)

The cable to the right is a SCART (Euro) adapter (plugs into the SCART socket on the TV)

You could get a SCART to Phono socket adapter and connect the Composite, L audio, and R audio phono plugs from the PS2 into the SCART to Phono adapter.
« Last Edit: 09 January 2018, 07:24:25 pm by stet »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 09 January 2018, 07:59:18 pm »
Well I am (and I am sure that everyone also is) pleased to announce that IT WORKS !!!!!!!!!!!
The proper LG Y W R Composite to 3.5 jack in the middle it looks exactly the same as the ones I have been unsuccessfully testing, the post length is the same and so is each section.

EPIC
« Last Edit: 09 January 2018, 08:00:18 pm by fazersharp »

Hugh Mungus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 09 January 2018, 09:52:49 pm »
Thank FOC for that!

:pc

stet

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 09 January 2018, 10:37:43 pm »
Well I am (and I am sure that everyone also is) pleased to announce that IT WORKS !!!!!!!!!!!
The proper LG Y W R Composite to 3.5 jack in the middle it looks exactly the same as the ones I have been unsuccessfully testing, the post length is the same and so is each section.

EPIC

Great news  :)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 10 January 2018, 07:54:54 pm »
The only thing left for me to do is give a big thanks for all of those that have helped me with this :thumbup