Date: 28-03-24  Time: 22:50 pm

Author Topic: A few questions for you :)  (Read 19339 times)

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
Re: A few questions for you :)
« Reply #75 on: 09 February 2018, 09:20:09 pm »
Of course!  Normal clutch rattle - how easy it is to overlook the usual noises a motor makes because we assume everyone else knows what a Gen 1 sounds like. :)

L8onz

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 11 February 2018, 03:04:29 pm »
Cheers unfazed, Glad that hose isn't anything to worry about either :)

Update, Chain has been adjusted as per the FAO at the top of the page........Rear wheel still not freely turning as before :/

I started up the bike and tested the clutch as suggested......this made no change to the noise.

The Cam chain tensioner is making noise....so will change that soon with a manual tensioner. Are they easy to adjust? I've read up the standard tensioners but not manual ones.

The noise I thought that was the fuel pump is coming from the air intake under the seat......had a gander with tank off etc. (discovered the filter was installed mid January 2012, but has only covered little over 5000 miles.) but still unsure what is causing the noise as I didn't start up the bike without the air filter on as it started raining :/ Thought everything looked clean and ok in the airbox. Still can't get a video that does the noise justice. Any idea's guys?

I also carried out the Fuzzy mirror mod, it does give alittle bit of extra space for possible fitment of handguards though havent cut down the rubbers yet as I'm unsure if it improves my view or just moves the mirrors down, will need to have a jolly about and decide. May have to put it back how it was with extenders on.

And no smoke from the exhaust again when I did start her up.

L8onz

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 11 February 2018, 07:12:04 pm »
Went out for a bimble, Had to change back to mirrors, due to the reason I could get the bike through the gate posts :/

Think I'll just live with the blind spot behind me and hope nothing catches up  :lol

Also had an issue of the bike cutting out on my way home......Had to faff with the immobliser to get it started after filling up......5-10 mins later it cuts out just as I let rip to reach a space in traffic.....Started straight back up though, will keep an eye on that :/

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 11 February 2018, 08:17:11 pm »
The manual cam chain tensioner that I bought came with quite explanatory instructions. Also if you google the item you'll come across a youtube vid showing the adjustment procedure. It's made by our well known suspension guru Luke Gibson, aka devilsyam.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

L8onz

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 20 February 2018, 12:09:21 pm »
Fitted the manual tensioner, does sound better.

Is there suppose to be noise coming from the airbox? (probably a silly question) Unsure if it's normal sound coming from the carbs echoing through the airbox (This is the noise that I thought was coming from the fuel pump).

Dustydes

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - fzr1000 exup street fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 20 February 2018, 05:57:42 pm »
Amount of noise will also depend on air filter type. Have you still got rubber cover on air box

old son

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - ZX10R
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 21 February 2018, 06:59:09 am »
I think you need to do a bit more riding and a little less worrying!!  They are budget bikes and will make some noises. You can generally tell if it's serious like you know if you are ill or if it's just a sniffle. If everything works then ride it!!!

L8onz

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 22 February 2018, 07:13:42 pm »
@Dustydes

I looks like a standard airfilter, nothing fancy. Yeah the rubber cover is still on the airbox, the sound is coming out of the air inlet area, probably making it sound worse then it is echoing out of it.

@old son

With me, I like to know what it is, ignorance isn't bliss for me. As I've only had this big for 3 months I'm still getting used to it. Most things work until it goes bang.

L8onz

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 10 March 2018, 09:45:56 pm »

Also had an issue of the bike cutting out on my way home......Had to faff with the immobliser to get it started after filling up......5-10 mins later it cuts out just as I let rip to reach a space in traffic.....Started straight back up though, will keep an eye on that :/

Right then, had this issue again, just after filling up.........flat road, 20mph limit (yes I was staying within the limit) then suddenly throttle cuts out, the revs drops as the bike slows (but it wasn't a dead engine kinda drop, I still had exhuast rumble as I was slowing down), but I pulled the clutch in just as the revs dropped right down, pressed starter button, she fired straight back up, didn't even stop rolling or need a foot down. Rode home as usual, no issues. This was after a 2 hour blast with no issues and no issues starting in the petrol station.

It was like just coming off the throttle for a junction, engine braking slowing the bike down, still with exhaust rumble and feel, except the revs didn't stop at idle and i just dropped to 0.

Any ideas?

PieEater

• GP Hero
  • Thank You Melton Mowbray, Yamaha & Ivan
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 11 March 2018, 09:33:29 am »
There are some known electrical gremlins, the FAQ has the details however it would be worth checking the white block under the tank as well as unplugging the regulator / rectifier to make sure all the pins are clean. Using ACF50 on the connections of both of these would help dispel water and keep them clean and moisture free, but if you have the time and inclination going through all of the wiring loom connections, unplugging them and applying ACF50 wouldn't be a bad idea. ACF50 is better than WD40 for this as it will get rid of corrosion and help maintain the connections as well as displacing any moisture.

Somewhere to start at least.
« Last Edit: 11 March 2018, 09:34:11 am by PieEater »

L8onz

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 11 March 2018, 09:55:54 am »
@PieEater

I had a gander at the white block a few weeks ago and all looked fine, but will check them all again, will have to invest in some acf 50. is that spray the connetions with acf50 when unplugged or when its all plugged back up again?

Where about is the regulator/rectifier located?

Cheers
« Last Edit: 11 March 2018, 09:59:36 am by L8onz »

Roky

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 21 May 2018, 11:10:46 am »
I also have some questiona aobut my Fazer 1000.
1. When I start the bike and I dorve off with full choke on i feel slight vibrations like the engine would like to have more RPM.
2. If I open the throttle fast vhen on ull choke, the engine doesnt want to accelerate straight away. It stays on started RPM for some time and after
    a second or twho the engine starts to accelerate.
3. When I start to ride a bike, that means when it is cold i get some squeal sound from the back left side of the bike. And when it worms up the   
    sound goes away. What could that be?

tnx

Dea-ville

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 21 May 2018, 04:07:03 pm »
1. Don't ride with the choke on.
2. Don't accelerate with the choke on.
3. A mouse?