Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > Fazer 1000/FZ1 corner

A few questions for you :)

(1/18) > >>

L8onz:
Hey Guys,

I've noticed rubber hoses hanging out the bottom of the right side of my bike, anyone any ideas what they are for? (pic below)

I've noticed these wires underneath, are these for the exup valve that the previous owner had removed?? (pic below)

Also noticed the plastic on the carbs looks rather...........cracked.......is this normal or something to be worried about? (pic below)

Cheers guys

celticbiker:
The pipes are over flow and breather pipes and nothing to worry about.
The cables are ex exup cables.
And finally, Holy crap!
I'd get those carb rubbers changed asap.
Is this your first bike?

PieEater:
1) Breather / overflow hoses at least one of these is the fuel tank breather hose.
2) Yes, shame as the EXUP makes a big difference to the low down power delivery.
3) It's my understanding that the intake rubbers do crack externally due to age but internally they are usually sound with the odd exception. Falcon 269 AKA Mike would be able to confirm this as he has worked on hundreds of these in the past. I assume you have a scottoiler or similar on the bike due to the hose fitted to the vacuum stub rather than the usual cap.

L8onz:
Glad the tubes are nothing to worry about, may have to look into tucking them away somewhere as it looks abit daft them just hanging there.

To be fair, I'm happy with the performance, its not like I'm going to race much on the road anyways, it's just one less thing to maintain on the bike.

The cracks do look like an outer casing, just had a gander at replacements and can't beleive how expensive they are. Is this a urgent job or could it wait for a little while (couple of months)?

I have a scottoiler, but its ran to the rear sprocket for lubing chain, thinking of removing it as I'm happy with spraying lube on the chain regularly, I know its being done then. Will have a gander at the tube on the rubbers in pic and see where it goes.

PieEater:
If the bike is performing well enough then there is no hurry to replace the intake rubbers if that's what you want to do. They turn up on eBay fairly regularly so just take your time to find a decent set rather than rushing into buying ones that are in the same or worse condition than the ones you have.

To be fair the Scottoiler doesn't look like it's doing a great job with the chain anyhow. I've ditched them on the couple of bikes I've bought with them fitted as they didn't seem to be doing anything and like you am happy to lube the chain myself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version