Date: 28-03-24  Time: 19:06 pm

Author Topic: FZS 600 Fazer Foxeye  (Read 2119 times)

Mark YPVS

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - R1
    • View Profile
FZS 600 Fazer Foxeye
« on: 16 December 2017, 02:33:02 pm »
Hi all,

My brother is selling his Fazer 600 foxeye, just over 4000 miles from new ( its not moted at present GN03 MHZ you can check the mot history on line), light blue, standard except Venom end can and low seat ( have standard can and seat) , i Think Rich ( my brother) has done less than 300 miles since he brought it in about 2013 ,every year Rich had the bike collected by MOTT Bike shop, moted, drained and cleaned the carbs etc then delivered back to him and then it sat in his garage for another year.
I would think it needs the battery charging and the carbs cleaning (again) but i will check with Rich

If you're looking for a low mileage Fazer this is it :D

The bike is in basingstoke Hampshire i haven't got any recent pics but the bike is garaged.

Now for the price  :rolleyes   I know its not the height of summer but a bike like this doesn't come up very often  ;)  so please tell me if i am way off on the price but i was thinking about £2500 ??

Your thoughts and input would be greatly recieved.

Thanks Mark 07731679927

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Re: FZS 600 Fazer Foxeye
« Reply #1 on: 16 December 2017, 03:49:39 pm »
Hi Mark,
I see your brother not only made the right choice in buying a Fazer FZS 600  (Not quite sure why he bought it as he has done no mileage on it) but he also bought one in the best colour.

Now my Fazer FZS600 is exactly the same year Foxeye 2003 in the same colour, I purchased mine about 4 maybe 5 years ago at the beginning of the year after Christmas
(A good time to buy as people are always short of dosh after Christmas)

My bike had something like 28,000 miles on it and in lovely much loved condition, I paid a garage £1995-00 for mine, but bearing in mind that was possibly 5 years ago, I also got 3 month parts and Labour warranty with it.

I would guess that the first thing anyone would do with your Bros bike is to put new tyres on it as they will have perished to some degree, standing for about 4 years, drain the tank and refill with fresh fuel and possibly a carb clean (Not not necessarily).

With the time of year (A bit cold for biking) and the fact that many will not have a lot of dosh to hand, being Christmas, I would have guessed at around £1700 - £1900. obviously dependant on inspection.
Nice bike, why don't you buy it off your Bro offer him £1500 and get out on it and have some fun.

PS: What is the other bike in the garage?  Could it be an R6?   
« Last Edit: 16 December 2017, 03:53:45 pm by tommyardin »

Mark YPVS

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - R1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 December 2017, 03:55:45 pm »
Thanks for the reply , he had a huge accident in 2001 on a fazer 1000 and nearly lost his leg, he still uses a stick now and brought this a few years ago but hasnt had the confidence and strength to ride it, i did tell him to wait until the summer well april may time and i would get it running and moted ( it does run ), i had the same bike in yellow/black but it hurt my knees more than the R1 does but i do miss the Fazer  :lol

The other bike is/was a ZXR400 i rebuilt for my son awhile ago  ;)

Thanks Mark
« Last Edit: 16 December 2017, 03:57:34 pm by Mark YPVS »

Hugh Mungus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 December 2017, 07:54:25 am »
I would wait until March/April to advertise it properly (as I am doing with my V-Strom 1000) as no-one is even thinking about bikes at the moment (except those looking for a bargain.)
It's been sat in the garage all this time so why rush into selling it?

Mark YPVS

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - R1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 December 2017, 08:05:16 am »
Thanks for they reply, hes in no rush really and i told to wait until april /may time as well :rollin :rollin

Thanks
Mark

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 December 2017, 08:13:20 am »
I would be interested to know what he gets for it when he does sell it, it looks in the pic to be in nick clean condition.
Cheers tommy

Neo

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Honda x adv 750
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 December 2017, 10:17:34 am »
Where about are you located please

Mark YPVS

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - R1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 December 2017, 11:34:17 am »
Hi,

The bike is in Basingstoke.

Thanks
Mark

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 24 December 2017, 01:46:16 pm »
Hi,

The bike is in Basingstoke.

Thanks
Mark

That the old joke:

What do you get if you cross Basingstoke with a push bike?

MUGGED.

Just North of Petersfield here, so about 20 miles from Basingstoke, I often go over the the Apple Shop in Festival Place.

Let us know what he gets for it when he does sell.
Cheers
Tommy
Oh! Have a Great Christmas  :thumbup

Mark YPVS

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - R1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 24 December 2017, 02:37:43 pm »
He popped in to see me today, will wait until the spring /summer to sell, i will keep you updated and you have a good/safe one too.
Mark :)