Date: 16-04-24  Time: 23:49 pm

Author Topic: Performance Downpipes???  (Read 1531 times)

Crafty1

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - None
    • View Profile
Performance Downpipes???
« on: 12 December 2017, 04:56:23 pm »

Hi All,

I'm new here and new to a fazer. I'm use to bigger bikes, however, downsized for better fuel consumption.

My downpipes are shot, had them welded for now but need a new set.

Can's seem to find any decent big bore downpipes like Akrapovic, Yoshimura etc. I've found Delkevic and the likes, however they don't seem to be performance pipes, just stainless replacements. I know it's not a superbike but just looking for something to let it breath a bit better.

Is it just me or is the option just rubbish? What would you recommend?

Thanks.

daviee

Re: Performance Downpipes???
« Reply #1 on: 12 December 2017, 05:30:28 pm »
down pipes wont make any difference only a couple of makers make them these days black widow and delkevic of the two i would say delkavic are the better you wont get yoshi ore anything like that i run cheep steels just now and get 95 bhp at the rear wheel i dont think i will get any more when i put the delkavic ones on

brooker81

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - Busa,Fzs600,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 December 2017, 11:41:51 am »
I've a set of 1999 boxeye headers for sale if your interested. no welds no plating

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 December 2017, 11:08:27 am »
FZS600s run a little rich as standard. The (minor)  performance improves are a better end can and a K&N air filter (allegedly).

daviee

« Reply #4 on: 14 December 2017, 05:28:09 pm »
thats what mine has k and n and a scorpion end can steel down pipes cant fault the power on it deffo faster top end than a friends one  with similar condition etc dont no why it is but it very noticeable

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 December 2017, 11:16:32 pm »
Yep I don't think you'll get much of a 'tune' out of new pipes.  :lol  If your looking to make the most of the fazer engine just make sure the carbs are cleaned are balanced regularly. You could always drop a tooth or two at the front sprocket for a bit more acceleration, problem being the chains then a bit longer so it's best to drop the front yoke a bit to make it steer a bit quicker.  :)
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.