Date: 28-03-24  Time: 17:06 pm

Author Topic: Ba Humbug!  (Read 10160 times)

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Ba Humbug!
« on: 12 December 2017, 07:39:21 am »
The most wonderful time of the year my arse! Please feel free to vent you anger on all things christmassy oh, and while we're on it, Xmas cards are completely pointless.
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Ba Humbug!
« Reply #1 on: 12 December 2017, 09:25:27 am »
All cards are pointless in my opinion. Birthday, Get Well Soon, Valentine's.... it's all just a money spin

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 December 2017, 09:39:10 am »
Looked forward to christmas when I was young , not anymore , been ruined by money making manufacturers producing LOW quality goods adding the word "christmas"and  charging a premium price  , and whats all this " this years must have toy " and manufactures running out of stock , my arse ........ho ho bloody ho......
One, is never going to be enough.....

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 December 2017, 10:16:51 am »
I'm not exactly the biggest fan of Christmas, but I must say Winter Wonderland in Hyde park is pretty impressive this year. It's worth a walk round in the dark just to see the lights and watch the bonkers rides even if you spend nothing.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 December 2017, 10:30:17 am »
I can't stand Xmas and all the bullshit hype that goes with it. I can quite confidently be classed as non religious so from that angle it means zilch to me, but it would be rude of me to not enjoy the deserved time off work.  :lol
Xmas for me is again an all dayer in the local pub/restaurant with a surprisingly large group of friends who have also outgrown it. Great food, copious amounts of booze and the only mess i have to deal with is me eventually walking home, which fortunately is only across the road.  :b
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 December 2017, 11:05:50 am »
Hate it all, the cards, overpriced tat, but most especially how long it goes on for. It seems to start in September and finish in February, what was a two day holiday of xmas day and boxing day is now a 7 to 10 day holiday period with firms closing just because its xmas.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 December 2017, 11:15:47 am »
You're so lucky you have a local that's open all Christmas day darrsi.

Wish mine was. I hate it when they close at 3 or 4 pm just as you're getting going.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 December 2017, 11:21:18 am »
Hate it all, the cards, overpriced tat, but most especially how long it goes on for. It seems to start in September and finish in February, what was a two day holiday of xmas day and boxing day is now a 7 to 10 day holiday period with firms closing just because its xmas.

Not sure where you are but I wish it was a 7 to 10 day holiday! I've long wanted it to hark back to the days when I was a kid and EVERYTHING shut for a week (well except the Asian corner shops of course) these days Tesco shuts at 10pm xmas eve and is open 8am boxing day, as do most other shops, Constantly barading us with 'sales' and such. Most of my mates who work in either retail or factories only get 1 or 2 days off. Even myself as a tattooist have appointments in the week between Xmas and new year 😣😣
Just doesn't seem like Christmas after boxing day anymore, when I was a kid Christmas lasted until new years day
« Last Edit: 12 December 2017, 11:23:47 am by Dudeofrude »

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 December 2017, 12:09:09 pm »
You're so lucky you have a local that's open all Christmas day darrsi.

Wish mine was. I hate it when they close at 3 or 4 pm just as you're getting going.

It's a very big old landmark pub that was bought out and turned into a pub/restaurant run by Nepalese, so you have a choice of Indian or Chinese food if you're peckish.
They've done wonders with the place and it's busy every day of the week.
It's not my 'local' as such anymore, i walk past it to get to another one down the road, but i do enjoy Xmas day in there, and as it's not their Xmas it shuts at 11pm like a normal business day.
You don't even have to go to the bar if you're a lazy fucker, just get their attention and they'll bring you over whatever you want.
The whole place now has a touch of class about it to be honest, considering it's just a suburban pub.
It's a massive pub now but has just the right amount of people in it on Xmas day.  :thumbup

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12 December 2017, 12:11:53 pm »
That's about a third of the size of the place that you can see in the picture.

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12 December 2017, 12:17:39 pm »
Some of the shittest music known to man has been produced for the season and even stuff I liked when it first came out is now unlistenable. Who the foc wants to hear Slade’s “Merry Christmas Everybody” for the 30,000th time? Or Wizzard? But turn the radio or TV on and soon enough I’ll be hurling whatever is to hand at it in an effort to silence Mariah Carey or Bing Crosby or Paul foccing McCartney as fast as possible.
 :grumble

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12 December 2017, 12:20:40 pm »
Glitter what is it with glitter and Christmas I focing hate the stuff - its on everything, open a card and a cup full of shitter falls out.Here at Sharp Hall we have rustic oak floors and the stuff gets stuck in the grain and I am seeing that little glint as I walk past until focing August 
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12 December 2017, 12:22:16 pm »
Glitter what is it with glitter and Christmas I focing hate the stuff - its on everything, open a card and a cup full of shitter falls out.Here at Sharp Hall we have rustic oak floors and the stuff gets stuck in the grain and I am seeing that little glint as I walk past until focing August

Stop wearing it then.  :lol

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12 December 2017, 12:36:26 pm »

Stop wearing it then.  :lol
I do end up wearing it, you only have to touch it and its all over you
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12 December 2017, 04:22:09 pm »
I'm not exactly the biggest fan of Christmas, but I must say Winter Wonderland in Hyde park is pretty impressive this year. It's worth a walk round in the dark just to see the lights and watch the bonkers rides even if you spend nothing.

Lights? What's so foccin great about lights? Have you only recently been introduced to the joys of electricity?
If you want to see something awesome, go stand on a mountain top on a clear day.

And YFF's post is as far as I can stomach reading on the subject. I hate Christmas so much, I even hate this thread, and the fact that I have chosen to comment in it. And I hate that stupid foccin phrase, "bah, humbug".

Anyone got a spliff?

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 12 December 2017, 04:35:21 pm »

Lights? What's so foccin great about lights? Have you only recently been introduced to the joys of electricity?
If you want to see something awesome, go stand on a mountain top on a clear day.

And YFF's post is as far as I can stomach reading on the subject. I hate Christmas so much, I even hate this thread, and the fact that I have chosen to comment in it. And I hate that stupid foccin phrase, "bah, humbug".

Anyone got a spliff?

Fazersharp's got some glitter if you wanna brighten up your day.  :lol

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12 December 2017, 04:37:43 pm »
''Glitter what is it with glitter and Christmas''
I don't think they play Gary's Christmas song anymore. Not since he was found guilty.

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12 December 2017, 05:31:59 pm »
 Sorry to piss on your big bag of humbugs but I love Christmas. I love the songs, the films, the cards and presents (getting and giving) the food and drink, the decorations and the time off work, although I agree that glitter can get a bit annoying :lol I don't like winter and Christmas is a happy time during the darkest time of the year. It would be a long drag to Spring without it.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12 December 2017, 05:45:18 pm »

Fazersharp's got some glitter if you wanna brighten up your day.  :lol

Glitter what is it with glitter and Christmas I focing hate the stuff

For once I'm in agreement with Fazersharp. Glitter?! Wtf do I want with glitter? Black! Black I tell you!

There. Stuff your Christmas cheer.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12 December 2017, 06:08:16 pm »
Some of the shittest music known to man has been produced for the season and even stuff I liked when it first came out is now unlistenable. Who the foc wants to hear Slade’s “Merry Christmas Everybody” for the 30,000th time? Or Wizzard? But turn the radio or TV on and soon enough I’ll be hurling whatever is to hand at it in an effort to silence Mariah Carey or Bing Crosby or Paul foccing McCartney as fast as possible.

:lol

I used to like it when a really Un-Christmassy song made it to number one for Christmas (in the days when the charts actually meant something).

Pink Floyd's 'Another Brick In The Wall' was just perfect :thumbup

Grayo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Another ex Fazer owner still hanging around.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12 December 2017, 06:45:43 pm »

:lol

I used to like it when a really Un-Christmassy song made it to number one for Christmas (in the days when the charts actually meant something).

Pink Floyd's 'Another Brick In The Wall' was just perfect :thumbup
Ah yes...
Non Christmassy No.1 songs...............
Bohemian Rhapsody, Ernie (The fastest milkman in the west), Long haired lover from Liverpool...............
And who could forget...................Mr Blobby....??
I could change my opinion, but then we'd both be wrong.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12 December 2017, 06:49:33 pm »
And who could forget...................Mr Blobby....??

I have been trying ever since :'(

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12 December 2017, 06:51:56 pm »
Sorry to piss on your big bag of humbugs but I love Christmas. I love the songs, the films, the cards and presents (getting and giving) the food and drink, the decorations and the time off work, although I agree that glitter can get a bit annoying :lol I don't like winter and Christmas is a happy time during the darkest time of the year. It would be a long drag to Spring without it.

Oh a voice of reason in the joyful season, in the midst of a load of old sad bastids, what a grumpy load of old kill joy miserable fuckers you lot are.
I'm with Vinnyb, it is an oasis of brightness and joy in the midst of the grottiest season in the year.
I love Christmas, the Carols, the Cards, the Nativity service at my local Church, giving and getting, Turkey, Port, Slow Gin, Hate glitter though.
Cheer up you sour faced load of grumpy fuck pigs  :eek  what the matter with you all (with the exception of Vinny :kiss )   

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 12 December 2017, 07:12:43 pm »
Slow Gin

Matches the colour of your bike?  :lol

I'm told shooting season has just begun on Christmas revellers  :b

acid drop