Date: 29-03-24  Time: 06:14 am

Author Topic: Ba Humbug!  (Read 10163 times)

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: Ba Humbug!
« Reply #25 on: 12 December 2017, 07:27:04 pm »

I'm not exactly the biggest fan of Christmas, but I must say Winter Wonderland in Hyde park is pretty impressive this year. It's worth a walk round in the dark just to see the lights and watch the bonkers rides even if you spend nothing.

Lights? What's so foccin great about lights? Have you only recently been introduced to the joys of electricity?
If you want to see something awesome, go stand on a mountain top on a clear day.

And YFF's post is as far as I can stomach reading on the subject. I hate Christmas so much, I even hate this thread, and the fact that I have chosen to comment in it. And I hate that stupid foccin phrase, "bah, humbug".

I would bet my next month's wages that there are thousands of people in the UK who would love to be able to celebrate Christmas and would happily swap places with any one of you.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 12 December 2017, 07:32:52 pm »

I would bet my next month's wages that there are thousands of people in the UK who would love to be able to celebrate Christmas and would happily swap places with any one of you.

And I would like to be in good health again, but it ain't gonna foccin happen, is it?  :rolleyes

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 12 December 2017, 08:01:36 pm »
I'm not exactly the biggest fan of Christmas, but I must say Winter Wonderland in Hyde park is pretty impressive this year. It's worth a walk round in the dark just to see the lights and watch the bonkers rides even if you spend nothing.

Lights? What's so foccin great about lights? Have you only recently been introduced to the joys of electricity?
If you want to see something awesome, go stand on a mountain top on a clear day.

And YFF's post is as far as I can stomach reading on the subject. I hate Christmas so much, I even hate this thread, and the fact that I have chosen to comment in it. And I hate that stupid foccin phrase, "bah, humbug".

Anyone got a spliff?

Especially for you Hedgetrimmer ;) . You know you want to go :lol
« Last Edit: 14 November 2020, 07:51:24 pm by YamFazFan »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 12 December 2017, 08:31:18 pm »

I think I can say with every confidence that you have won your bet ;)

Now who gets the month's wage winnings?. The less fortunate that you refer to maybe?

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 12 December 2017, 08:41:40 pm »
 Foc that, if I won the bet, the money's mine :lol
« Last Edit: 12 December 2017, 08:42:18 pm by vinnyb »

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 12 December 2017, 08:44:15 pm »
Some of the shittest music known to man has been produced for the season and even stuff I liked when it first came out is now unlistenable. Who the foc wants to hear Slade’s “Merry Christmas Everybody” for the 30,000th time? Or Wizzard? But turn the radio or TV on and soon enough I’ll be hurling whatever is to hand at it in an effort to silence Mariah Carey or Bing Crosby or Paul foccing McCartney as fast as possible.
 :grumble

:lol

I used to like it when a really Un-Christmassy song made it to number one for Christmas (in the days when the charts actually meant something).

Pink Floyd's 'Another Brick In The Wall' was just perfect :thumbup
Ah yes...
Non Christmassy No.1 songs...............
Bohemian Rhapsody, Ernie (The fastest milkman in the west), Long haired lover from Liverpool...............
And who could forget...................Mr Blobby....??
..and RATM “Killing in the Name” (the only Christmas No.1 I ever bought). :)

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 12 December 2017, 08:53:16 pm »

Foc me, there's another tommyardin on here :rolleyes :lol

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 12 December 2017, 08:58:47 pm »

Well everyone in Sharp hall is working Christmas day and I am on my own so after an early lunch of haggis tates and neeps I will be out for a Christmas day blat on the   :faz (if its dry )
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 12 December 2017, 09:16:20 pm »
Some of the shittest music known to man has been produced for the season and even stuff I liked when it first came out is now unlistenable. Who the foc wants to hear Slade’s “Merry Christmas Everybody” for the 30,000th time? Or Wizzard? But turn the radio or TV on and soon enough I’ll be hurling whatever is to hand at it in an effort to silence Mariah Carey or Bing Crosby or Paul foccing McCartney as fast as possible.

I used to like it when a really Un-Christmassy song made it to number one for Christmas (in the days when the charts actually meant something).

Ah yes...
Bohemian Rhapsody, Ernie (The fastest milkman in the west), Long haired lover from Liverpool...............

If i remember rightly, Iron Maidens "Bring Your Daughter...To The Slaughter" was around Xmas 1990  :lol
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 12 December 2017, 09:18:03 pm »

Well everyone in Sharp hall is working Christmas day and I am on my own so after an early lunch of haggis tates and neeps I will be out for a Christmas day blat on the   :faz (if its dry )

I've heard it's gonna snow.
Find a pub that's open.  :b

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 12 December 2017, 09:28:24 pm »

I've heard it's gonna snow.
Find a pub that's open.  :b
Problem is I have to do the fetching and carrying so if I have to stay sober then I may as well ride, I did the same thing a couple of years ago and the roads are almost empty 

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 12 December 2017, 10:00:30 pm »
If i remember rightly, Iron Maidens "Bring Your Daughter...To The Slaughter" was around Xmas 1990  :lol

Yes at number 3. Shame it didn't get to number 1 lol

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 12 December 2017, 10:07:31 pm »

Think it did the week after, but no bugger would play it on the radio or barely even mention it.
I remember it because a week or two before my brother was at their concert and they told the crowd they were gonna try for the Xmas number 1 record.
They released it on Xmas Eve.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 12 December 2017, 10:12:44 pm »

Every Christmas I'd come running downstairs to the big pile of presents and start unwrapping them as fast as I could. Sometimes there would be fights over who had the best toys but we would all make up later and sit down to have a three hour lunch before watching TV for the rest of the day.

I really miss working at the Royal Mail sorting office.  :lol

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 12 December 2017, 10:15:46 pm »

Every Christmas I'd come running downstairs to the big pile of presents and start unwrapping them as fast as I could. Sometimes there would be fights over who had the best toys but we would all make up later and sit down to have a three hour lunch before watching TV for the rest of the day.

:rollin

Wharfe

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 12 December 2017, 10:43:14 pm »
Was never a massive fan of Christmas (well, all the commercial b*ll*cks, the shitty music, the false bonhomie etc etc) but one year was brought up short when I spent Christmas week away with a bunch of like-minded Christmas avoiders doing voluntary work on a nature reserve in the wilds of North Yorkshire. A very surreal experience, living and working with 14 other frankly very odd souls (and yes, I'm sure they thought the same of me! :D ) all there because they didn't have a better plan for Christmas (and nor did I).
These days I'm married, have a family and am lucky to have some absolutely fantastic inlaws who have us over for Christmas every year. That's what is good about Christmas; the company. All the rest is just embellishment.....

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 12 December 2017, 10:53:52 pm »

:lol good one :lol

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 12 December 2017, 11:03:58 pm »

xmas is great can be pi**ed for a few days without her who must be obeyed having a dig

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 13 December 2017, 08:11:17 am »
I'm all for people having a holiday during the long winter months, I remember Birmingham city council had 'Winterval' in the late 90's maybe that's the way forward  :lol
Anyway, I've bought the son in law a fridge for Christmas- I can't wait to see his face light up when he opens it.
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 13 December 2017, 10:56:57 am »
Another one what is it with Christmas food they just cant help themselves adding fruit to every focking thing, pork pie - nope not good enough, got to add cranberry's on the top, sausage rolls -same, cheese they do it too, perfectly good gammon joints fooked up with fruit,NO Stop putting fruit in meh dinner. Its even in my BEER !!!!!!! (although I have to say I do like the fruity ones )   

dickturpin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 13 December 2017, 02:03:56 pm »

Ah yes...

Ah, the fastest milkman in the west...but have you googled the alternative lyrics?..😂

Grayo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Another ex Fazer owner still hanging around.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 13 December 2017, 03:08:51 pm »

Think it did the week after, but no bugger would play it on the radio or barely even mention it.
I remember it because a week or two before my brother was at their concert and they told the crowd they were gonna try for the Xmas number 1 record.
Yep. Just checked my Guinness book of hit singles and it got to No.1 on 5th January 1991.
I could change my opinion, but then we'd both be wrong.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 13 December 2017, 03:46:07 pm »

Yep. Just checked my Guinness book of hit singles and it got to No.1 on 5th January 1991.

Shame it never took off, it would've been a great singalong tune every Xmas......or even at weddings  :rollin

« Last Edit: 13 December 2017, 03:46:47 pm by darrsi »

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 13 December 2017, 09:30:25 pm »
Nothing cracking about crackers   :thumbdown
One, is never going to be enough.....

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 13 December 2017, 09:42:01 pm »
Nothing cracking about crackers   :thumbdown
Crackers are crappers these days - how many times do you see it where people have to resort to just pulling the brown "bang tab" on its own after the cracker failed to go bang