Date: 19-04-24  Time: 17:13 pm

Author Topic: FZ1 Prices  (Read 2209 times)

Metal Merv

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
FZ1 Prices
« on: 07 December 2017, 05:14:23 pm »
Hi

I'm trying to sell my FZ1 and looked around at average prices and put it up for sale at £3,400. It is a 2007 model with some extras and is in a good clean condition.  So far I've had no interest, is the price too high?  What do people think a fair price would be?  It is in the For Sale section.

Cheers

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
Re: FZ1 Prices
« Reply #1 on: 07 December 2017, 05:43:59 pm »
Theres no photos of the bike. People generally want to have a look at whats on offer. Traders will only offer you low money, in my view many expect too high a margin on resale. Its no always easy to gauge the value for selling. Put yourself in the position of a potential buyer. How much would you be prepared to pay for the bike in a private sale? Ive currently got my 97 XV750 Virago for sale, super condition, full service history, 11,000 miles. Not a sniff yet. Dealer offered £2,500, webuyany bike.com £570. Id take 3 cos thats waht id expect pay max for one in such great condition privately. Trade prices are as high as £4,500 for similar. Adding stuff to the bike doesnt necessarily increase the value

Metal Merv

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 December 2017, 07:14:05 pm »
thanks fore honest reply Agricola.will take some pictures at weekend.i would pay 3,000 fore it as a buyer coz I love colour and wouldn't feel I had been robbed.cheers.

PieEater

• GP Hero
  • Thank You Melton Mowbray, Yamaha & Ivan
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 December 2017, 08:14:14 pm »
Also not the best time of year to be selling, you'd probably get more once the clocks go forward..

nidgester

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 December 2017, 11:21:31 am »
Hiya,
I'm new to the forum as I've recently bought an Gen II.
I spent most of the autumn looking for a bike and I do have to agree with PieEater, it's not the best time to sell a bike. The money you are asking is about right for the summer but i would expect it to sell for less at this time of year.  FYI The Blue bikes appear not to command as high a value as a white or black bike. Black bikes attract the most interest.
Whilst on my search for a bike i missed a few 2007 bikes with around 12k miles and they all sold for around £3700 privately.  I paid £3200 for my bike (blue 2007) with 12k miles inc S/H and some extras inc can, tail tidy and some carbon bits, back in early October.  It's very clean and appears not to have seen many winter months.
Unless you are desperate to sell wait for the spring. Once the good weather appears the interest will pick up.
Good luck

Metal Merv

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 December 2017, 01:04:47 pm »
thanks fore replys pie earter and nidgester .I understand it not best time to sell but sadly I need the space in garage to build exhaust fore my road kneeler outfit.i love the fz and will be sad to see it go if it does sell.i am gonna put it on gumtree and ebay in couple of weeks never know that buyer might just be there and waiting.i would take a winter offer.wish I didn't need the space but needs must.cherers all.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 December 2017, 01:51:02 pm »
thanks fore replys pie earter and nidgester .I understand it not best time to sell but sadly I need the space in garage to build exhaust fore my road kneeler outfit.i love the fz and will be sad to see it go if it does sell.i am gonna put it on gumtree and ebay in couple of weeks never know that buyer might just be there and waiting.i would take a winter offer.wish I didn't need the space but needs must.cherers all.

I don't know your situation but if it's just space you need then have you considered just buying a shed to put it in? Even if it's just till the summer? You can pick them up for about £150 and you'd get that back from the bike selling it in the summer?
Just a thought ☺

raff113

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 January 2018, 07:31:57 am »
I might be interested if you haven’t sold yet
I don't like morning people...or mornings...or people.

Metal Merv

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 January 2018, 04:12:53 pm »
helo to the chap who may be interested in my fz1.i havnt really looked on here since you asked if fz sold.i cant get onto reply properly as I am no good with computers.if you get this message.the bike still not sold its in garage.if you want to ring me on 07821969562 I can tell you more about the bike and be easier than me on here.cheers.