Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > FZ6 / Fazer

47 BHP Throttle Restrictor?

(1/5) > >>

NolanNorth:
Hi guys,

I'm new here as I've been looking at buying a FZ6 (2008) . I've seen multiple threads in other places talking about 33bhp restrictors but can't for the life of me find anywhere that can do a 47bhp restriction on an FZ6. This is for the UK on an A2 license. I assumed since it has been done to 33bhp before it would be easy to restrict down to 47. If anyone has any experience with restricting down to comply with A2 license regulations in the Uk then please let me know!

This is the only thing I've found and I can't tell if it's a throttle restrictor or not.

http://www.busters-accessories.co.uk/en/507513/vehicle/yamaha-fz6-s2-600:61247/article/507513/

I have emailed the company but they are taking their sweet time getting back to me.

Thanks

Trebus:
I removed a Yamaha OE 33 Bhp version for a mate mate of an Fz6. That consisted of a throttle stop restrictor to reduce cable travel and a ground wire that cut the spark. It was horrible with the kit fitted but the lad bought it new and Dealer wouldn’t supply the bike without the kit.

Obviously not at all helpful for your original question!

tommyardin:
Who would ever know whether it was restricted or not, would the bobby in his noddy car know, or, old foot plod, just don't have an accident, you could always plead ignorance, I know ignorance is no excuse.
But hey-ho! You gotta do as your conscience guides yer.
I would not suggest that you break the law, like you do every time you go above 70 mph :eek

NolanNorth:
Hmm fair enough. I did ring an insurance company for a quote so I know what my ball park is. Previous bike was stolen last month :/. They asked me what license and I specifically stated an A2 motorcycle license and if the bike being restricted would affect the cost or not. Person on the phone said no it wouldn't as I have the right license to ride... I might end up deciding to not bother having it restricted as that is more money than I have as I still need to buy front and rear disc lock, maybe a spare chain as well as a tracker. The joys of paranoia when you get a bike stolen from you. Bloody battery powered angle grinders!

Thanks for your replies :)

tommyardin:
Hi Nolan,
Sorry to hear you had a bike stolen, that's a bummer.
Was it a bike you loved or just a mode of transport? That makes a huge difference to the way you feel about it.

Was it stolen from home or out and about when it went?

No matter what security you have in place if someone is determined to take it, and, they have time on their side they will take it from you.

i am fortunate where I live in a rural Hampshire Village, fairly quiet area and I live in a Cul-de-Sac, 20 other houses in the road (Neighbourhood watch) so only one way in and out, thieves don't like that.

But I have my bike undercover up the side of my house under a covered walkway during the summer (2 Gates and a front garden from the road) but I still ensure the steering lock is on all the time, I also have a disc lock on the front disc and a heavy steel ground anchor point that is concreted into the ground about 2.5 foot deep.
My bike is an old Fazer FZS 600, 2003, but it is in lovely condition, it has always been looked after and serviced long before services are due, I would be mortified if she was taken from me, it would be like losing an old friend and my thoughts towards the perpetrator would not be very Christian.
Hope your insurance sorted you out OK for the loss.
Any pictures of the old and the new bike always nice to see others steeds?
below is a couple of my fav pics of my FZS

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version