Date: 28-03-24  Time: 22:15 pm

Author Topic: Recommended Suppliers of FZ6s Fazer bits  (Read 1559 times)

Kendo Nagasaki

• Cager in Training
    • View Profile
Recommended Suppliers of FZ6s Fazer bits
« on: 23 November 2017, 05:33:45 pm »
Hello everyone,
It's my first post on here so after a little assistance if possible.
Having recently had a slight mishap with my beloved FZ6s (2005 model with 6k on it) some daft bugger thought it was a good idea to drive a JCB with no rear lights down the A19 on a wet very dark morning. Seeing the JCB at the last moment I ditched the bike on the floor not wanting to hit the JCB now I am trying to source quite a few bits and I am struggling to find reasonably priced components to repair the bike. Looking on eBay is very hit and miss although I have found the price of new OEM components on US web sites better priced than here in the UK or in Europe.
Can any one point me in the right direction of where to buy here in the uk?
I'm after a main front cowling, screen, RH inner panel, RH outer panel, foot pegs rider and pillion, indicators, RH mirror, fuel tank, break leaver, RH bar end, headlight to name but a few of the parts.
Thanks in advance.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
Re: Recommended Suppliers of FZ6s Fazer bits
« Reply #1 on: 25 November 2017, 12:39:52 am »
Firstly, sorry to hear about your off :(

Secondly, places like M&P or Wemoto are good for cost-effective replacement parts without having to fork out for overpriced OEM stuff. (Remember, if you buy stuff from the US, you're likely to get stuck for tax and duty when it arrives in this country, wiping out any savings)

Finally, check and see if there's a local breakers or post in the General Forum area (more people read that than the individual bike areas) and someone may have some parts you can get cheap.

Hope you get it sorted soon :thumbup

Kendo Nagasaki

• Cager in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 November 2017, 06:17:54 pm »
Cheers Graham for the info, it's appreciated

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 November 2017, 11:55:51 pm »
Hello everyone,
It's my first post on here so after a little assistance if possible.
Having recently had a slight mishap with my beloved FZ6s (2005 model with 6k on it) some daft bugger thought it was a good idea to drive a JCB with no rear lights down the A19 on a wet very dark morning. Seeing the JCB at the last moment I ditched the bike on the floor not wanting to hit the JCB now I am trying to source quite a few bits and I am struggling to find reasonably priced components to repair the bike. Looking on eBay is very hit and miss although I have found the price of new OEM components on US web sites better priced than here in the UK or in Europe.
Can any one point me in the right direction of where to buy here in the uk?
I'm after a main front cowling, screen, RH inner panel, RH outer panel, foot pegs rider and pillion, indicators, RH mirror, fuel tank, break leaver, RH bar end, headlight to name but a few of the parts.
Thanks in advance.

Hey Kendo! Were you riding with your wrestling mask on back to front at the time of said incident  :eek

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #4 on: 29 November 2017, 12:16:18 pm »
Hey Kendo! Were you riding with your wrestling mask on back to front at the time of said incident  :eek

Glad it wasn't just me that thought that!, the JCB was just probably moving Giant Haystacks!
 :lol
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!