Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > Fazer 1000/FZ1 corner

(1/6) > >>

Mitch:

tommyardin:
Could also be the seals in the caliper doing that and causing that same feeling, If the caliper seals are sticking I would have thought that they would hinder the front wheel from spinning, apply the brakes a few times stationary letting the lever out slowly and try spinning the front wheel, if it spins fine then your guess is probably a good one.
Might be worth checking the brake lever pivot pin to make sure that is free and the pin hole in the handle bar mount is not worn oval as that can cause issues as well.

But as you say it is very low mileage and if there is a lot of rust around the bleed screw then the caliper piston seals are worth checking, so its worth a check to see if they are causing the judder. As the bike is stationary it is not a rolling issue for example warped discs, or a buckled wheel, both of which can cause discs to snag. 
good luck.

red98:
Hi mitch.....lever pivot bolt for me too . Although with such low mileage there should'nt be any wear , good thing to check first though , easy to do and cheap to fix.......

Mitch:

Hugh Mungus:

--- Quote from: Mitch on 13 November 2017, 06:56:38 pm --- the pads are definitely letting go of the discs, in that there is no heavy binding, or pressure there, but they are still touching, and quickly stop the wheel from spinning freely.

--- End quote ---

That might just be that the caliper pistons need a clean. If the seals look in good condition you can clean up the pistons, pop some red rubber grease on and put it back together.

Best bet is to clean the caliper pistons first then buy the braided hoses and new fluid. Master cylinder repair kits aren't too expensive but be aware that you may need to buy some long reach circlip pliers to do the job and it will either go well or go badly - look at videos on you tube to get an idea of how it's done. I've done the same job on other bikes and it's not too difficult.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version