General > General

glove sizes!!!

(1/6) > >>

johnakay:
why is it that you can never get what you want/need. just bought a pr of winter gloves size 4xl and they fit the same as a 2xl.I've got 3 gloves 1 ,2xl by Richa and 2 at 3xl and believe it or not the 2xl is slightly larger than the 3xl. the 4xl feels the same size as 2xl.wtf is going on .having gloves that are bigger than your hands help to keep your fingers warm without having to resort to heated gloves etc.with having gloves bigger help in keeping the wind off your finger and help blood circulation. I had a pr years ago and they were brilliant. but these days sizes are all over the place.grrrrrrrrr

fazersharp:
I brought a pair of Alpine stars in Medium as I am a "perfect medium" everywhere else and had to change them for a Large. Glove sizes are stupid. I did even try on the medium and thought they were a little tight but convinced myself that they would "give" but glad I changed for a large, summer glove.
My winter gloves are by Racer and they are even bigger at XL !!!! there is no way I am XL but they are a perfect fit.
Just like helmets - you just got to try them on. 

Dudeofrude:
I've had a similar thing with alpinestars. I'm a xxl in all gloves but I bought some Alpinestars Smx v2s and had to exchange then for an xl as all the fingers were too long. A few weeks later I had to return them again as the colour all run when they got wet ( not the kind of quality I expected ) and the company went off my original order and sent me xxls again. This time they fit great except the thumb is slightly too short? I expect they kind of crap from a £20 eBay pair but they were the best part of £100 for some summer gloves so I thought I'd get some level of quality.

slappy:
The problem is where they are made and the poor quality control. I bought my Alpinestars leather jacket from Hein Gerick shop in Leeds so it wasn't a cheap ebay knockoff and where was it made? Pakistan! I never noticed that until I was cleaning it a few months later.
I find that is not just bike gear, all clothing seems to be the same, I have different jeans that all fit me properly that range in label size from 34" to 38".

tommyardin:

--- Quote from: johnakay on 11 November 2017, 06:57:44 pm ---why is it that you can never get what you want/need. just bought a pr of winter gloves size 4xl and they fit the same as a 2xl.I've got 3 gloves 1 ,2xl by Richa and 2 at 3xl and believe it or not the 2xl is slightly larger than the 3xl. the 4xl feels the same size as 2xl.wtf is going on .having gloves that are bigger than your hands help to keep your fingers warm without having to resort to heated gloves etc.with having gloves bigger help in keeping the wind off your finger and help blood circulation. I had a pr years ago and they were brilliant. but these days sizes are all over the place.grrrrrrrrr

--- End quote ---

FFS 4XXL  :eek what you need a a couple of dead grizzly bears and shove your hands up their arses.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version